- 4 hrs ago 2020 Mahindra XUV500 Spied Testing Ahead Of Launch Next Year: Spy Pics & Details
- 4 hrs ago Tata Tigor EV Extended Range Variant To be Launched Next Week
- 4 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Exports 10 Lakh Cars From Mundra Port Within Just 10 Years
- 6 hrs ago Tata Motors To Launch New Electric Car In India Next Year: Will Debut New 'Ziptron' EV Technology
- Movies Soha Ali Khan Says Parenthood Has Changed Her Habits; Wants Inaaya To Learn By Example
- Sports Sri Lanka to go ahead with Pakistan tour despite terror fears
- Technology Huawei Watch GT 2 Unveiled With 14 Days Battery Life
- News PM's US itinerary: Address at UNGA, nearly 20 bilaterals, Houston diaspora event
- Lifestyle 17 Tick-borne Diseases You Should Be Aware Of
- Finance Delhi Police Launches App To Pay Traffic Challan, File FIR
- Education HSSC Exam Date Announced For November 2019 To March 2020
- Travel Manali: A Snow Destination For You To Be This Winter
The Hero Splendor has completed 25 years of being on the road. To celebrate the 25th anniversary of their iconic motorcycle, Hero MotoCorp has launched a Hero Splendor Special Edition. The new Hero Splendor Special Edition is priced from Rs 56,600 ex-showroom (India).
The Special Edition is based on the Splendor Plus, but the motorcycle has received a fee cosmetic upgrades. The cosmetic upgrades include new Orange and Gold decals, a halogen headlamp with AHO in the front, telescopic front forks, adjustable rear shocks, and an integrated braking system.
Hero has made no mechanical changes to the motorcycle. The Splendor Special Edition is powered by a 97cc single cylinder engine that produces 8.36bhp of power and 8.05 Nm torque. The engine comes mated to a 4-speed manual transmission.
The motorcycle features drum brakes at the front and the rear, and the front and rear 18-inch alloys are wrapped in 80/100 tubeless tyres. The motorcycle has a ground clearance of 159 mm, a fuel tank of 10.5-liter, and kerb weight of 109 kgs. The company claims it has a payload capacity of 130 kgs.
Other features include, etc. Dimensions of the bike stands at 2000mm length, 720 mm width, 1040 mm height and 1230 mm wheelbase.
Hero MotoCorp recently upgraded their scooter and motorcycle range with the Integrated Braking System technology. The IBS is an important safety feature. When the rear brake is applied, the system partially applies the front brake as well. it partly applies the front brake as well, ensuring safer braking.
The current Hero Splendor Plus features the same 97cc engine but is available in the following colours — Candy Red, Cloud Silver, Palace Maroon, Black with Silver highlights, Black with Purple highlights, Black with Blue and White highlights, Black with Blue and Red Highlights, Excellent Blue, and High Granite Blue.
The Hero Splendor Special Edition is priced Rs 55,600 ex-showroom (India), which is Rs 3,540 more than the Hero Splendor Plus.
Thoughts About The Hero Splendor Special Edition
We didn't realize that the Hero Splendor has been around for that long. Twenty-five is long long time for on model to be on the roads. Hero has done a fantastic job with the Splendor. Having said that, we're no very sure how well the Special Edition will do with the Orange/ Gold decals, but Hero has a way of retailing this 100cc motorcycle like no one else. Congratulations to Hero MotoCorp.