- 18 hrs ago Bentley Book Costs More Than A Luxury House — Rs 1.80 Crore For A Book!
- 1 day ago Bajaj Auto Confirms November Launch For Husqvarna Twins — And So Our Watch Begins
- 1 day ago Bike Sales Report India For April 2019: Two-Wheeler Sales Slide By 16.3 Per Cent
- 1 day ago Benelli Imperiale 400 Spotted In India — Launching 2020
- Technology Best camera smartphones to buy right now under Rs. 20,000
- Lifestyle Huma Qureshi’s Cannes 2019 Red Carpet Gown Is Totally Surreal And Gives Waves Effect
- News This video of Differently-Abled man delivering food on Tricycle is winning hearts online
- Movies Dreams Do Come True! Hina Khan Poses With Priyanka Chopra & Nick Jones At Cannes Chopard Party!
- Sports AC Milan 2 Frosinone 0: Piatek and Suso keep top-four hopes intact
- Education WB Madhyamik Result 2019 Likely To Be Released on May 21
- Finance Here's How Google Is Tracking Your Online Purchases
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Royal Enfield's Rudratej Singh resigns from his role with immediate effect. Rudratej Singh was the company's President and handled the branding, aftersales and marketing strategies for the Chennai-based motorcycle company.
With the resignation of Rudratej Singh, Eicher Motors CFO Lalit Malik will take over the responsibilities, in the interim period. Rudratej Singh joined Royal Enfield back in 2015 and has played an important role in the launch of a series of motorcycles since then.
Royal Enfield released a statement, stating, "Rudratej Singh (Rudy) has decided to pursue opportunities outside of Royal Enfield owing to personal commitments. With this decision, Rudy will cease to be the official media spokesperson for Royal Enfield with immediate effect.
These motorcycles included the Classic 350 and 500, along with the Redditch, Pegasus and Signal editions. Singh also played a vital role during the launch of Royal Enfield's first adventure-tourer motorcycle, the Himalayan launched in 2016. He was also involved in the launch of the 650-twins (Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650) in both India and the international markets.
The Royal Enfield 650-Twins were launched recently in the Indian market. Both motorcycles — Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 — come powered by the same 649cc parallel-twin oil-cooled engine producing 47bhp and 52Nm of torque. This is mated to a six-speed transmission.
The Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 also recently won the 'Indian Motorcycle Of The Year 2018' (IMOTY 2018) and comes priced at Rs 2.50 lakh. The Royal Enfield Continental GT 650, on the other hand, has a price tag of Rs 2.64 lakh. Both prices are ex-showroom (Delhi).
Recently, Kerala-based Grid7 Customs has introduced a new aftermarket exhaust system for the Interceptor 650 (obviously fits the Continental GT 650 as well). The new exhaust system gives the 650cc motorcycles an exhaust note similar to that of a Harley-Davidson — listen to it here.
Thoughts On Rudratej Singh Resigning From Royal Enfield
Rudratej Singh joined Royal Enfield in 2015 and has played an instrumental role in many motorcycle launches over the years. During his stint, Singh led Royal Enfield's commercial business of the brand both in India and the International markets.