- 15 hrs ago Bentley Book Costs More Than A Luxury House — Rs 1.80 Crore For A Book!
- 1 day ago Bajaj Auto Confirms November Launch For Husqvarna Twins — And So Our Watch Begins
- 1 day ago Bike Sales Report India For April 2019: Two-Wheeler Sales Slide By 16.3 Per Cent
- 1 day ago Benelli Imperiale 400 Spotted In India — Launching 2020
- News This video of Differently-Abled man delivering food on Tricycle is winning hearts online
- Movies Dreams Do Come True! Hina Khan Poses With Priyanka Chopra & Nick Jones At Cannes Chopard Party!
- Lifestyle Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Begins Her Cannes 2019 Journey With This Mermaid-cut Textured Gown
- Sports AC Milan 2 Frosinone 0: Piatek and Suso keep top-four hopes intact
- Technology Get Realme C2 in just Rs. 2000: Here are the details
- Education WB Madhyamik Result 2019 Likely To Be Released on May 21
- Finance Here's How Google Is Tracking Your Online Purchases
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Jawa Motorcycles launched the Jawa and Jawa forty-two in the Indian market last November. Both motorcycles have received immense demand in the market, with bookings for both products closed till September 2019.
Now, a recent tweet from Anupam Thareja, Founder, Classic Legends confirms that Jawa Motorcycles will commence deliveries of the Jawa and Jawa 42 from the 4th week of March. The company estimates a monthly sales of around 7,000 units in the first year.
The moment of truth is here for #JawaMotorcycles. We were audacious and planned a 100 showrooms nationwide before starting delivery - that's being done in record time by March 3rd week. Fourth week onwards, we will start delivery across the country as per the booking queue!— Anupam Thareja (@reach_anupam) March 12, 2019
Bookings for the Jawa and Jawa 42 commenced online at the time of launch. Jawa later confirmed that both motorcycles have been booked till September 2019. However, the brand did not mention the exact number of bookings received, although the number is said to be significant. Customers looking for deliveries after September can still book the motorcycles at the authorised Jawa Motorcycle dealerships — Check out the differences between the two Jawa motorcycles here.
The tweet from the founder also states that by the 3rd week of March, Jawa Motorcycles would have set up 100 dealerships across the country — here are the locations of some of the Jawa dealerships across India. In terms of deliveries; once started Jawa dealerships will call the customers a week in advance to deposit the full amount for their motorcycles.
Jawa introduced two motorcycles: Jawa and Jawa 42 in November 2018 priced at Rs 1.69 lakh and Rs 1.55 lakh, respectively. Both prices are ex-showroom (Delhi). Both motorcycles come with a retro design with clean lines and minimalistic styling features — read our first look review of the Jawa here.
Both motorcycles are powered by the same 293cc single-cylinder liquid-cooled engine. It produces 27bhp and 28Nm of peak torque mated to a six-speed gearbox. This is the same engine as seen on the Mahindra Mojo, however, it has been tuned differently to provide better low-end torque.
Both motorcycles come with standard telescopic front forks and gas-charged dual shock absorber suspension set up at the rear. Braking is handled by a single 280mm disc up front and a 153mm disc at the rear. The front brakes are further supported by a single-channel ABS system — read our first look review of the Jawa 42 here.
Thoughts On The Jawa Motorcycle Deliveries Commencement
The resurrection of the Jawa brand in the Indian market helped create a huge demand for the company last year. Jawa motorcycles also became the most searched brand in Google around the time of their launch. The two motorcycles Jawa and Jawa 42 rival the likes of the Royal Enfield Classic 350 series in India.