- 1 hr ago Jeep Compass Trailhawk First Drive Review — The Premium Off-Roader You’ve Been Waiting For!
- 2 hrs ago Toyota Innova Rolls Over Thrice In Crash; Airbags Fail To Deploy
- 1 day ago Escape The Ordinary — Tales From Tawang
- 2 days ago Five And Seven Seater Mercedes GLB Revealed — They ‘Handle’ Family And Friends!
- Movies Saaho Mania: SS Rajamouli Afraid Of Prabhas's Film? Director Takes Shocking Decision?
- Finance DCC To Impose Penalty On Airtel, Vodafone Idea For Not Helping Reliance Jio
- News Nirav Modi's Economic Offender case adjourned after counsel says only PMLA court can try him
- Sports ISL Transfer News: Mumbai City sign Mato Grgic from NorthEast
- Lifestyle Janhvi Kapoor Or Sophie Choudry Or Diana Penty: Whose Ethnic Look Was The Freshest?
- Technology Xiaomi's Partner Holitech To Invest $200 Million in Country
- Education How An Effective Revision Assist You To Fly High In The Competitive Exams
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Bajaj Auto India is all set to introduce the Avenger 220 ABS in the Indian market. The Bajaj Avenger 220 ABS is expected to go on sale in the coming weeks. Bajaj will introduce ABS on both variants of the Avenger 220 — Cruise and Street.
According to reports from Autocar India, both variants of the Bajaj Avenger 220 ABS will come with a price tag of Rs 1.02 lakh, ex-showroom (Pune). This is a marginal increase of Rs 6,700 over the non-ABS versions.
The ABS version of the Avenger 220 has already been spied on a few occasions along with the Pulsar 220F. The Bajaj Avenger 220 competes in the entry-level cruiser motorcycle, along with its smaller sibling — Avenger Street 180.
The Bajaj Avenger 220 continues to be powered by 220cc single-cylinder oil-cooled engine. It produces 19bhp and 17.5Nm of torque and is mated to a five-speed gearbox.
The Avenger 220 uses telescopic front forks and twin-shock absorbers at the rear for suspension. The brakes on the entry-level cruiser are handled by a 260mm disc at the front and 130mm drum brakes at the rear. The brakes are now supported by a single-channel ABS system, similar to the RS200 and the NS200.
Bajaj is also updating the Pulsar 220F with ABS, which is also expected to be introduced in the market soon. The Indian motorcycle brand is currently updating all its models, to comply with the upcoming safety norms of April 2019. The safety norms make it compulsory for all motorcycles above 150cc to come with an ABS system while those below should feature CBS (Combi-Braking System).
Apart from the Avenger 220 and the Pulsar 220F, Bajaj is also readying the introduction of the Pulsar 150 ABS in the market. All models in the Pulsar range will feature a single-channel ABS system.
Bajaj's flagship motorcycle, the Dominar 400 already comes with dual-channel ABS as standard. The company is now working on an update for the Dominar. The update will feature a number of additional equipment and cosmetic updates. The 2019 Bajaj Dominar has been spied testing on multiple occasions and is said to launch sometime by the end of this month.
Thoughts On The Bajaj Avenger 220 ABS
Similar to the Bajaj Pulsar 220F ABS, the Avenger 220 will also feature a single-channel ABS unit. Both motorcycles will be launched around the same time (end of this month). There is still no news regarding the ABS update on the Avenger 180.