- 2 hrs ago Benling Aura Electric Scooter Launching In September: Will Rival The Ather 450 In India
- 3 hrs ago Kia Seltos Top Features: Here Are The Key Features Available On The Kia Seltos SUV
- 4 hrs ago Maruti XL6 Official Accessories Launched: Gets Roof Spoiler, Carpet Mats & More!
- 16 hrs ago Jawa Owners F’rust’rated With Quality Of Motorcycles: Is This The Beginning Of The End?
- News New Mahatma Gandhi statue now in UK, Manchester city
- Sports Arun Jaitley passes away: Indian team to wear black armband in Antigua Test
- Lifestyle LFW W/F 2019 Day 3: Rakul Preet Sizzles In A Metallic Silver Look
- Technology YouTube Announces To Remove Private Messages Feature After September 18
- Finance 8 Key Economic Reforms Brought About By Arun Jaitley During His Tenure
- Movies Shahid Kapoor Talks About Sharing Screen Space With His Little Bro Ishaan Khatter; READ!
- Education NTA To Conduct JNU Entrance Test JNUET In May 2020
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
KTM India has just launched their smallest capacity motorcycle, the Duke 125 at a starting price of Rs 1.18 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi). The new KTM Duke 125 is the most premium and powerful motorcycle in the 125cc segment. The motorcycle comes with a host of features, most of which are segment-firsts.
The KTM Duke 200, on the other hand, has been in India for quite a while now. It was also the first product from the brand to be introduced in the Indian market. KTM recently updated the Duke 200 with ABS and the motorcycle is now priced at Rs 1.61 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
Here is a brief comparison between the two small capacity motorcycles from KTM in India.
Design & Style
Both the KTM Duke 125 and the Duke 200 come with similar styling. The Duke 125 actually borrows most of the elements from the Duke 200. However, there are a few differences to tell them apart.
One of the main differences being the body graphics used on the Duke 125. The Duke 125 comes with an updated and revised body graphics, with the 125 written on the front part of the tank.
Apart from the graphics, the Duke 125 also has smaller dimensions overall. Here is a brief of the overall dimensions of the two motorcycles:
|Dimensions (mm)||Duke 125||Duke 200|
The KTM Duke 125 is the first performance-oriented motorcycle in the 125cc segment. The motorcycle is powered by a 124.7cc liquid-cooled single-cylinder engine producing 14.5bhp and 12Nm of torque. The engine is further mated to a six-speed manual gearbox.
The KTM Duke 200 is powered by a 199.5cc liquid-cooled single-cylinder engine producing 24.6bhp and 19.2Nm of torque. The engine is mated to a standard six-speed transmission.
Here is a quick glance at the engine specifications of the two motorcycles:
|Specifications||Duke 125||Duke 200|
The KTM Duke 125 comes with most of the features seen on its larger sibling, the Duke 200. These features include a trellis frame, aluminium swingarm and a digital instrument cluster.
Both motorcycles also feature a similar suspension set-up with USD front forks and a rear monoshock. Braking on the two motorcycles is also handled by the same 300mm and 230mm discs at the front and rear, respectively. However, the only difference is the ABS unit on the two motorcycles.
KTM offers the Duke 125 with a single-channel ABS system while the Duke 200 if offered with dual-channel ABS.
The KTM Duke 125 is priced at Rs 1.18 lakh. The KTM Duke 200, on the other hand, comes with a starting price of Rs 1.51 lakh for the non-ABS variant while the new ABS variant is priced at Rs 1.61 lakh. All prices are ex-showroom (Delhi).
Both motorcycles; Duke 125 and Duke 200 offer a lot, for their respective brackets. However, the new KTM Duke 125 makes for a perfect beginner's motorcycle and is aimed towards those who prefer performance over comfort.
The Duke 200 has already managed to establish itself in the Indian market. It offers the best output for a 200cc engine and is the ideal choice in the entry-level performance motorcycle segment.
Would you choose the Duke 125 over the 'slightly more expensive' Duke 200?