TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Delhi HC To Hear Plea Seeking Women's Entry In Hazrat Nizamuddin Dargah Today
- GST Annual Return Filing Date Extended To March 31, 2019
- Australia vs India Ist Test Day 5: Live Updates
- Should You Buy The New Tata Harrier? — Check Out Its Pros And Cons
- Inside Pictures: Shahrukh Khan, Priyanka Chopra And Katrina Kaif Clicked At Isha Ambani’s Sangeet
- Grahan Village: A Trek To Unravel Ecstasy
- 6 Ways To Add More Storage Space To Your Macbook
- Disha Patani’s Understated Attire Is Perfect For A Moonlit Wedding
KTM recently launched their smallest capacity motorcycle, the Duke 125 in the Indian market. The KTM Duke 125 is priced at Rs 1.18 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi). The Duke 125 is the first motorcycle in the Indian 125cc segment to offer Rear Lift Protection (RLP).
The Rear Lift Protection is a safety feature which prevents the rear wheels from lifting off the ground, under heavy braking. This translates to the rider avoiding any imbalance or loss of traction while braking.
The KTM Duke 125 borrows the same styling as the Duke 200, however, it comes with revised body graphics to help differentiate from its larger sibling. Apart from the new graphics, the KTM Duke 125 is also slightly smaller than the 200 Duke, in terms of overall dimensions. Click here to know about all the details of the KTM Duke 125.
The KTM 125 Duke is powered by a 124cc liquid-cooled single-cylinder engine producing 14.3bhp and 12Nm of torque. The engine is mated to a standard six-speed gearbox.
The Duke 125 is also the first performance-oriented premium motorcycle in the 125cc two-wheeler segment. It offers a number of segment-first features including an aluminium swingarm and a trellis frame.
In terms of suspension, KTM has provided the 125 Duke with inverted telescopic forks at the front and a monoshock at the rear. Braking is handled by 300mm and 230mm front and rear discs, respectively and is supported by a single-channel ABS system.
Bookings for the KTM Duke 125 already started a month before its launch. KTM has already delivered their first Duke 125 in India, to a Bangalore-based biker.
Thoughts On The KTM Duke 125
The KTM Duke 125 is now the most affordable motorcycle from the Austrian brand in India. Though, smaller in capacity the KTM Duke 125 can easily rival motorcycles such as the Yamaha R15 V3.0, TVS Apache RTR 160 4V and the Bajaj NS160 in the Indian market.