- 2 hrs ago Top-Selling Bikes In India For April 2019 — Hero MotoCorp Receives Stiff Competition From Honda
- 2 hrs ago Ducati Reveals Super Soco CUx Electric Scooter — A Piece Of MotoGP
- 2 hrs ago Royal Enfield 650 Twins Sales Figures Cross 2000 Units A Month
- 3 hrs ago Triumph To Manufacture Electric Motorcycles — Announces Project Triumph TE-1
- News Election 2019 with OneIndia: Fast, accurate updates and in-depth analysis
- Sports England have no margin for error at World Cup, warns Stokes
- Technology Redmi K20 official render shows stunning design
- Lifestyle 10 Effective Home Remedies For Low Blood Pressure Hypotension
- Movies Harshad Chopda & Jennifer Winget Reveal Their Relationship Status & What they Hate About Each Other!
- Education TS Inter Re-verification Result 2019 Likely To Be Declared On May 27
- Finance Air India To Add Flights To Domestic And International Routes In June
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
The KTM Duke 125 was recently launched at Rs 1.18 lakh ex-showroom (Delhi) and is now the most affordable product from the Austrian motorcycle brand in India. Bookings for the same were already started almost a month before the launch, and KTM India has received an overwhelming response from the market.
The 125cc-avatar of the KTM Duke is already available in global markets and has a design, similar to the Duke 390. However, the India-spec model has borrowed its styling from the Duke 200.
That said, here are some top features of the new KTM Duke 125!
Best-In-Class Engine And Output
The KTM Duke 125 is currently the most powerful motorcycle in the 125cc segment in India. The 124.7cc liquid-cooled single-cylinder engine makes 14.3bhp and 12Nm of torque. The engine is mated to a six-speed gearbox; thus making the KTM Duke 125, one of the first 125cc motorcycles in India to have a sixth gear.
The iconic exposed trellis frame found in other KTM models has also made its way to the Duke 125. The frame not only adds structural strength to the motorcycle, but also weighs very less. The entire powertrain has been engineered to fit inside the frame compartment; making the overall dimensions, quite narrow.
KTM India equipped the Duke 200 with an ABS unit only recently, while the 390 always came with it. Unlike those models, the Duke 125 gets a single-channel ABS unit to keep the prices down. Meanwhile, the KTM Duke 250 will be launched with a switchable dual-channel ABS soon (Duke 200 has a non-switchable unit).
USD (Upside-Down) Forks
Manufacturers often omit USD forks in their entry-level models in order to keep the prices in check; but not KTM. The new KTM Duke 125 still comes with a USD fork setup and for the same reason, it will offer a stiffer and more planted riding experience. USD forks are also a far cry tradition for 125cc motorcycles in India.
Rear Disc Brakes
Being a performance-oriented 125cc motorcycle, the new KTM Duke 125 gets a rear disc brake too. Though it is not assisted by ABS, the bite is enough to showcase best-in-class braking efficiency.
Other Top Features Of The KTM Duke
- Digital instrument console
- Funky graphics
- LED tail lamp and turn signals
- Orange five-spoke alloy wheels
- Monoshock suspension
- Underbelly exhaust
Thoughts On The New KTM Duke 125
KTM India sells some of the best value-for-money performance motorcycles in India; the new Duke 125, no exception. It is easily the best motorcycle you can buy in the 125cc category, if you can make a slight compromise on fuel efficiency. What are your thoughts on the most affordable KTM?