- 13 hrs ago 2019 Datsun Redi-GO Launched: Updated With New Features & Safety Equipment
- 14 hrs ago Petrol And Diesel Vehicle Ban Plan In India: Government's Decision Revealed
- 14 hrs ago Zomato & Swiggy Team-Up With Pune Traffic Police In Giving Discounts To Law-Abiding Motorists
- 16 hrs ago New Suzuki Gixxer SF MotoGP Edition Launched In India — Priced At Rs 1.10 Lakh
- News RRB Paramedical Exam 2019: Revised notice to calculate scores
- Movies Kadaram Kondan Twitter Review: Here’s What The Audiences Feel About The Vikram Movie!
- Technology Buying Guide: No Cost EMI Offers On Best Laptops For Students
- Sports McIlroy disappointment at nightmare Open start not enhanced by being at Portrush
- Lifestyle Congratulations To Arjun Rampal & Gabriella Demetriades! Baby Care Tips For New Parents
- Finance Model Tenancy Act To Give A Fillip To Rental Housing: Here's A Fine Print
- Education DU JAT Result 2019 Released: Check Direct Links And Final Answer Key
- Travel 5 Ideal Weekend Getaways in Chandigarh
KTM India launched the new Duke 125 at a price of Rs 1.18 lakh ex-showroom (Delhi) and it is now the most affordable product from the Austrian motorcycle company. Bookings for the new KTM Duke 125 were started close to a month before its launch. The response from the market is good as well for the most powerful and best-performing 125cc motorcycle in India.
While the global-spec Duke 125 looks similar to the Duke 390, the Indian version has borrowed its styling bits from the Duke 200. This is one way how KTM India was able to cut costs of the Duke 125 by a good margin, even while featuring enough equipment — check out all the top features of the KTM Duke 125.
That said, here are some top things to know about the new KTM 125 Duke!
Top Speed And Acceleration
KTM India has not revealed any official performance figures for their latest product. However, the Duke 200 can reach 60km/h from a standstill in around 3.3 seconds and tops out at 136km/h. This makes us expect the new KTM Duke 125 to have a 0 – 60km/h acceleration time of 3.5 seconds (much lower in a 0 – 100km/h test) and a top speed close to 125km/h. To get more idea, check out our detailed comparison between the Duke 125 and Duke 200.
Engine And Power
The KTM Duke 125 is powered by a 124.7cc liquid-cooled single-cylinder engine which makes 14.3bhp and 12Nm of torque. This is mated to a six-speed gearbox (quite unique for a 125cc motorcycle sold in India).
Mileage And Fuel Capacity
Again, KTM has not officially shared the mileage figures of the Duke 125. But since the Duke 200 has a fuel economy around the 30km/l-range, we expect the KTM Duke 125 to have an overall mileage figure of almost 35km/l. With a fuel tank capacity of 10.5 litres (same as that of the Duke 200), the Duke 125 offers a better riding range too.
Kerb Weight And Seat Height
All KTM motorcycles are praised for their class-leading power-to-weight ratio, thanks to their lightweight construction. The agile-handling Duke 125 follows the same approach with akerb weight of just 148kg. With a seat height of 818mm, the KTM Duke 125 is suited for riders of most sizes, although maybe not with the best ergonomics.
Tyres And Brakes
The 17-inch five-spoke alloy wheels are shod with 110/70 and 150/60-section tyres, at the front and back, respectively. Braking duties are done by a 300mm front disc and a 230mm unit at the rear. Furthermore, the KTM Duke 125 gets a single-channel ABS.
The KTM Duke 125 is available in three colours: White, Black And Orange. All the three colours have got some Orange inserts in typical KTM fashion.
Thoughts On The New KTM Duke 125
The KTM Duke 125 has introduced ‘affordable two-wheeler performance' to a new benchmark. Almost all the 125cc motorcycles on sale in India are commuters with little or no focus on riding fun or performance. The Duke 125 is the exact opposite and it is the perfect choice for a beginner who has the passion for spirited riding.