- 17 min ago Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross Set For 2020 India Launch
- 48 min ago Hyundai Venue Vs Ford EcoSport Vs Tata Nexon — Which Will Come Out On Top?
- 1 hr ago New Mahindra Thar May Feature AMT Transmission — Launch Early Next Year
- 2 hrs ago Mercedes-Benz E-Class Long Wheelbase Launched In India — Prices, Specs, Features & Details
- Lifestyle Woman’s Mouth Exploded Because Of The Toxin She Consumed
- Finance How To Choose Between Fixed And Floating Interest Rate On Home Loan?
- News If result in line with exit polls, EVM allegations would lose 'non-existent rationale': Jaitley
- Movies Anil Kapoor: People Were Shocked With My Choice Of Doing Female-Fronted Films
- Technology Honor 20 series to be available on Flipkart: Here are the details
- Sports Is England-Pakistan ODI series an indication of what World Cup 2019 will be like?
- Education WB Madhyamik Result 2019 Likely To Be Released on May 21
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Spy pics of the new KTM 390 Adventure 'for India' have been leaked for the first time. The highly-awaited KTM 390 Adventure was expected to be unveiled at EICMA 2018, but fans were let down by the Austrian motorcycle brand. However, the leaked spy images do promise some exciting KTM 390 Adventure news!
The images show the new 390 Adventure in a heavily-camouflaged attire, but the unique design details of an adventure motorcycle are clearly visible. For starters, the raised fenders, long-travel suspension and the heavy-duty grab handles catch the most attention. Rumours suggest that there will be spoked wheels on offer as well.
Other highlights include the purpose-oriented seating and footpeg positions. The front suspension is pre-load-adjustable (you can see a small red dial on top of the forks), and the fuel tank is noticeably larger than the 390 Duke's 13.5-litre box.
The front profile looks quite identical to the globally-unveiled KTM 790 Adventure when it comes to the headlamp and windshield design. KTM India might offer a beak fender as an optional extra — something which would bump the aesthetics even further.
In addition to this, the Duke 390's adventure sibling sports dual-sport tyres and a highly-set exhaust pipe (to avoid hitting stuff while off-roading). Meanwhile, the crash guard construction seems extra-functional.
As the name suggests, the 390 Adventure is based on the popular KTM 390 Duke available in India. Though most of the components are shared between the two, the KTM 390 Adventure is engineered in a way to be light and agile off-road, without making shortcomings in on-road comfort. The seat height is also much higher compared to the 390 Duke.
The India-spec KTM 390 Adventure is powered by the same 373cc liquid-cooled single-cylinder engine, even though it could be re-tuned to make slightly more than 43bhp and 37Nm of torque. This is mated to a 6-speed gearbox and torque will be given priority, since it is an off-road purpose motorcycle.
With an expected price range of Rs 3 – 3.5 lakh ex-showroom, the 390 Adventure will be the most premium motorcycle from KTM India (till the launch of the new 790 Duke). Since the brand has started testing it on public roads, we expect the KTM 390 Adventure to launch in India by mid-2019.
Thoughts On The New KTM 390 Adventure
The KTM 390 Adventure will be a game changer in the growing adventure motorcycle segment in India; in fact, a benchmark. KTM motorcycles have always been praised for the high value for money they offer in terms of performance, and this will be the same case for the 390 Adventure. Do you think the new KTM 390 Adventure will lure customers away from the BMW G 310 GS and Royal Enfield Himalayan? Let us know in the comment section below!