- 1 hr ago Steelbird Tyres Launches Puncture RSA Across India – Fix Your Flat With Ease
- 2 hrs ago India Proposes Electrifying All Two Wheelers Within 6 And 8 Years
- 4 hrs ago Mahindra Stops Production Of TUV300 Automatic — Five Speed Manual Option Only
- 4 hrs ago Suzuki To Stop Manufacturing Commuter Motorcycles – Will Cater To Performance Segment Only
- News Supreme Court to have full sanctioned strength of judges by tomorrow
- Lifestyle Time-restricted Eating For Weight Loss: Is It Effective?
- Movies Sri Reddy Learns That Pawan Kalyan Is No 1; Shocking Deets Inside!
- Technology Xiaomi Mi Polarised Square and Pilot sunglasses up for sale starting at Rs 899
- Sports Barcelona snap up Dutch teen star Reis from Groningen
- Finance Sensex At 45,000, Nifty At 13,500 By June 2020 On Modi's Return: Morgan Stanley
- Education SSLC Revaluation Result Kerala 2019: Direct Link To Check Result
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
KTM 390 Adventure India-launch details are still not clear as EICMA 2018 disappoints fans. The KTM 390 Adventure was expected to be officially unveiled at this year's EICMA Motorcycle Show in Milan, Italy with the rest of the new models from the Austrian brand. EICMA 2018 was quite a spectacular show for motorcycle enthusiasts across the world.
(All the images used are for representational purposes only)
But sadly enough, the KTM 390 Adventure was not unveiled or even talked about at the event, even though there was enough hype going on. In fact, back in June 2018, there was an official confirmation that KTM India will launch the new 390 Adventure, by mid-2019.
The upcoming KTM 390 Adventure, as the name suggests, is based on the popular 390 Duke available in India. Though most of the components would be shared between each other, the KTM 390 Adventure will be crafted in a way to be a light and agile off-road motorcycle, without compromising too much of on-road comfort.
Once launched in India, the KTM 390 Adventure will be the most premium single-cylinder motorcycle from the brand. On the other hand, the new parallel-twin KTM 790 Adventure was indeed revealed at EICMA 2018, while the majority of KTM fans in India eagerly waited for the 390 Adventure.
Even though the motorcycle has not been officially unveiled yet, the KTM 390 Adventure will be locally assembled in India at Bajaj Auto's Chakan plant, some day. This is the same place where the rest of the KTM India models are assembled.
Coming back to the new India-spec KTM 390 Adventure, the motorcycle will be powered by the same 373cc liquid-cooled single-cylinder engine but re-tuned to make slightly more than 43bhp and 37Nm of torque. The power plant is mated to a 6-speed gearbox and being an off-road purpose motorcycle, torque will be given priority.
In addition to this, the 390 Adventure will have off-road knobby tyres, long-travel suspension and a raised exhaust pipe (to avoid hitting obstacles). The seat height will also be significantly higher, compared to the regular KTM 390 Duke sold in India.
Expected prices for the new KTM 390 Adventure in India range from Rs 3 – 3.5 lakh ex-showroom. Once launched, the KTM 390 Adventure will mainly rival the Royal Enfield Himalayan and BMW G 310 GS.
Thoughts On The New KTM 390 Adventure India-Launch Details
The KTM 390 Adventure is one of the most anticipated motorcycle launches in the country as of now. In fact, KTM motorcycles have a huge customer base in the country due to the performance and dynamic capabilities offered at a relatively-lower price range. The new KTM 390 Adventure is expected to do just the same while also being a serious threat to the sales of its competitors.
Do you think KTM should launch the 390 Adventure in India soon? Let us know in the comment section below.