- 13 hrs ago 2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon To Be Called Moab In India
- 14 hrs ago 45 At An Auction And Everything Else — A List Of Motorcycles That Could Have Been
- 14 hrs ago Ducati Panigale V4 25 Anniversario 916 Launched In India — Priced At Rs 54.90 Lakh
- 14 hrs ago Ford Teams Up With Volkswagen For EVs By 2023 — Ford To Use VWs MEB Platform
- Finance Rupee Trades Tad Lower At 68.57/ US Dollar
- News Guru Purnima 2019: Wishes, messages and inspirational quotes on Vyasa Purnima
- Technology Honor 20 Review: Top-Notch Mid-Ranger With Few Shortcomings
- Lifestyle Dia Mirza's Colour-Blocked Sari Is Meant For Ladies Who Want To Look Simply Extraordinary
- Sports Stokes sets sights on Ashes glory after World Cup triumph
- Movies Sudeep Has The Most Humble Things To Say About The Villain Director! Prem Shares An Emotional Tweet
- Education ICAR AIEEA Result 2019 Likely To Be Released On This Date
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
EICMA 2018: KTM has unveiled the KTM 790 Adventure R and 790 Adventure at the EICMA Motorcycle Show in Milan, Italy. The KTM 790 Adventure R is the more 'adventure-ready' among the two and is based on the new 790 Duke. The design looks similar to the top-of-the-line 1290 Adventure.
The KTM 790 Adventure R is inspired by the brand's proven off-road race machines and is aimed to be a capable twin-cylinder motorcycle with the weight and manoeuvrability of a single-cylinder example. It comes with a host of riding aids and class-leading ergonomics.
The new KTM 790 Adventure R gets 48mm USD forks at the front and preload-adjustable monoshock at the rear. The new 790 Adventure R boasts of a front and rear suspension travel of 240mm.
Braking duties on new KTM 790 Adventure R are carried out by twin-320mm calipers at the front and a single 260mm disc at the back. The braking is further assisted by a switchable Bosch ABS unit with cornering and off-road functions.
The new 790 Adventure R comes with a ground clearance of 263mm and a commanding seat height of 880mm. On the contrary, the KTM 790 Adventure (shown in image) gets a ground clearance of 233mm while the seat height stands at 850mm.
The KTM 790 Adventure and Adventure R comes powered by a 799cc parallel-twin engine which makes 93bhp and 85Nm of torque. The engine is mated to a 6-speed gearbox, coupled to a anti-hopping clutch.
Both the new KTM 790 Adventure and Adventure R features a 20-litre fuel tank, promising a range close to 400km. The frame equipped on the adventure motorcycles is made out of a chrome-molybdenum alloy.
Thoughts On The New KTM 790 Adventure R Unveiled At EICMA 2018
The new KTM 790 Adventure R is a really capable and light off-road motorcycle. News regarding its unveiling broke close to an year before, along with that of the KTM 790 Duke. Once launched, the new 790 Adventure R will be a serious rival to the higher-priced Triumph Tiger 800 and BMW F 750 GS.