- 9 hrs ago Flash Electronics Files Suit Against Royal Enfield — Are The Good Times Over?
- 10 hrs ago Harley Davidson To Launch Sub-500cc Motorcycles Next Year — Are The Americans Up To It?
- 10 hrs ago Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross Set For 2020 India Launch
- 11 hrs ago Hyundai Venue Vs Ford EcoSport Vs Tata Nexon — Which Will Come Out On Top?
- News 'No cause for concern as exit polls only Nautanki': Sharad Pawar slams predictions
- Lifestyle Former Miss Worlds, Aishwarya & Priyanka Made A Strong Case For Dreamy White Gowns At Cannes 2019
- Movies Vivek Oberoi Says Aishwarya Rai & Salman Khan Have NO OBJECTIONS To His Tweet; INSULTS Sonam Kapoor
- Technology Everything you should know about Reliance Jio's VoWi-Fi plans
- Sports Teams will probably be most fearful of Australia, says Steve Waugh
- Education Goa Board SSC Result 2019 Will Be Declared Tomorrow At 11 AM
- Finance How To Choose Between Fixed And Floating Interest Rate On Home Loan?
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
KTM is said to be preparing the launch of their 790 Duke in the Indian market soon. According to MotorBeam, the KTM Duke 790 is expected to be launched in the market by the end of this fiscal year (March 2019).
The KTM Duke 790 has been one of the most-anticipated products in the middle-weight motorcycle segment. The 790 Duke, dubbed ‘the Scalpel' was first showcased the 2017 EICMA Motorcycle Show.
The 2019 KTM 790 Duke comes powered by a 799cc LC8c parallel-twin engine. It produces 105bhp and 85Nm of peak torque and is mated to a six-speed gearbox, with a slipper clutch as standard.
The engine is surrounded by a chromium-Molybdenum steel alloy truss frame. The suspension duties are handled by upside-down 43mm WP forks at the front and a single WP monoshock at the rear.
The 2019 KTM 790 Duke rides on 17-inch alloys wheels with 120.70 R17 and 180/55 R17 tyres. Braking on the motorcycle is through dual 300mm discs at the front and a single 240mm disc at the rear. The brakes are further supported by Bosch dual-channel ABS system.
The KTM 790 Duke also comes with a host of features such a TFT instrument display, LED headlights and four riding modes - Sports, Street, Rain & Track. Other features also include cornering ABS, Supermoto mode, up & down quick-shifter and ride-by-wire, along with wheelie, launch and traction control systems.
The KTM Duke 790 comes with a kerb weight of just 169kg and has a fuel tank capacity of 14-litres. The motorcycle will be imported to India as a CKD unit and assembled at its Chakan plant, Pune.
Thoughts On The 2019 KTM Duke 790
The KTM 790 Duke is one among the most awaited middle-weight motorcycles in the Indian market. Pricing for the 790 Duke is yet to be announced, although it is expected to be around the Rs 7 lakh, ex-showroom range. Once launched in India, the 2019 KTM Duke 790 will rival the likes of the Kawasaki Z900, Triumph Street Triple and the Ducati Monster 821.