TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- NIA Officially Takes Over Probe Into Pulwama Terror Attack
- Schalke 2 Manchester City 3 — 10-Man Visitors Strike Late Through Sane & Sterling
- Tata 45X’s Teaser Video Out — Production-Spec Tata 45X To Be Unveiled At Geneva Motor Show
- Cobrapost Sting Operation: Sunny Leone & Sonu Sood Deny All The Allegations!
- Vivo V15 Pro Launched At Rs 28,990 — The Good, Bad & The X factor
- Nutrition: Blood & Marrow Transplant
- Best Places To Visit In India In March: A 2019 Must-visit Checklist
- Company Fixed Deposits In India Which Offer Yields Of Near 10%
KTM is said to be preparing the launch of their 790 Duke in the Indian market soon. According to MotorBeam, the KTM Duke 790 is expected to be launched in the market by the end of this fiscal year (March 2019).
The KTM Duke 790 has been one of the most-anticipated products in the middle-weight motorcycle segment. The 790 Duke, dubbed ‘the Scalpel' was first showcased the 2017 EICMA Motorcycle Show.
The 2019 KTM 790 Duke comes powered by a 799cc LC8c parallel-twin engine. It produces 105bhp and 85Nm of peak torque and is mated to a six-speed gearbox, with a slipper clutch as standard.
The engine is surrounded by a chromium-Molybdenum steel alloy truss frame. The suspension duties are handled by upside-down 43mm WP forks at the front and a single WP monoshock at the rear.
The 2019 KTM 790 Duke rides on 17-inch alloys wheels with 120.70 R17 and 180/55 R17 tyres. Braking on the motorcycle is through dual 300mm discs at the front and a single 240mm disc at the rear. The brakes are further supported by Bosch dual-channel ABS system.
The KTM 790 Duke also comes with a host of features such a TFT instrument display, LED headlights and four riding modes - Sports, Street, Rain & Track. Other features also include cornering ABS, Supermoto mode, up & down quick-shifter and ride-by-wire, along with wheelie, launch and traction control systems.
The KTM Duke 790 comes with a kerb weight of just 169kg and has a fuel tank capacity of 14-litres. The motorcycle will be imported to India as a CKD unit and assembled at its Chakan plant, Pune.
Thoughts On The 2019 KTM Duke 790
The KTM 790 Duke is one among the most awaited middle-weight motorcycles in the Indian market. Pricing for the 790 Duke is yet to be announced, although it is expected to be around the Rs 7 lakh, ex-showroom range. Once launched in India, the 2019 KTM Duke 790 will rival the likes of the Kawasaki Z900, Triumph Street Triple and the Ducati Monster 821.