- 10 hrs ago Kawasaki Bikes Offers & New-Year Discounts For January 2021: Benefits Of Rs 50,000 On Select Models
- 12 hrs ago Top Bike News Of The Week: Top Two-Wheeler Stories From Previous Week In The Market
- 13 hrs ago Top Car News Of The Week: Here Are The Main Headlines From The Week Gone By!
- 1 day ago 2021 Aprilia RSV4 and RSV4 Factory Revealed: Here Is Everything You Need To Know
- News Tripura Congress chief attacked by BJP workers
- Sports Making a successful comeback after '10-ball' debut is a dream come true moment: Shardul
- Movies Thalaivi: Kangana Ranaut & Team Pay Tribute To Legend MGR On His 104th Birth Anniversary
- Technology Motorola Nio Design Tipped Via Leaked Hand-On Images; To Flaunt Dual-Slefie Camera Module
- Lifestyle 28 Best Foods To Lower Cholesterol
- Finance 3 Housing Finance Stocks That Can Generate Solid Returns
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In January
- Education Bihar Board 12th Admit Card 2021, Download BSEB Intermediate Admit Card 2021 at biharboardonline.com
Brough Superior is a popular motorcycle brand among vintage collectors. They were known as the ‘Rolls-Royce' on two wheels. It was the creation of George Brough from Nottingham, England, he created motorcycle from 1919 to 1940.
In its 21 years of production only 3,048 Brough Superiors were hand crafted. It is rumoured that only a third of these motorcycles exist today. The primary goal of George Brough was to provide high performance and superior quality motorcycles. All these factors make it a highly desirable product in today's time.
Brough Superior motorcycles have dominated the auction arena's as people are willing to pay exuberant amounts for them. In 2012 an Individual purchased a Brough Superior SS80 for INR 2,82,76,733. Now this record of being the most expensive motorcycle in an auction has been crushed.
The new record for World's Most Expensive Bike Sold at Auction has been set by another Brough Superior. It is a 1929 SS100 Alpine Grand Sports model by the English manufacturer. It was auctioned off in London for an astonishing amount of INR 3,05,87,812.
The SS100 Alpine Grand Sport is a touring motorcycle of tester years. Every motorcycle was customised to the needs of its buyers. George Brough went to the extent of customising handlebars as well to suit customer needs. The English manufacturer promised that each and every motorcycle could achieve a top speed of 160 kph.
Only 383 models of SS100 were ever produced by Brough Superior from 1924 to 1940. These touring motorcycles were powered by a V-twin 1000cc engine provided by Matchless. These motorcycles were expensive from the very beginning and has maintained its exclusivity over the years.