- 2 hrs ago Datsun Cars Offers & Discount For May 2021: Up To Rs 40,000 Benefits Across Models
- 17 hrs ago Hero MotoCorp To Resume Operations From May 17 In A Staggered Manner In The Country
- 18 hrs ago Rs 18,100 Crore Production Linked Incentive Scheme For ACC Batteries Approved
- 18 hrs ago Yamaha R7 Images Leaked Ahead Of Launch: Global Reveal On 18 May
- News BJP leader performs havan to ward off COVID-19
- Movies Amazon India Launches MiniTV – A Free Video Streaming Service
- Sports As IPL put on hold young Jharkhand batsmen Saurabh, Virat support PPL in steel city
- Technology Looking For COVID-19 Vaccine Slot? These CoWIN Tips Might Be Useful
- Lifestyle On Vicky Kaushal’s Birthday, His Super-Cool Hairstyles From Masaan, Manmarziyaan, And Sanju
- Finance Post Office Vs Bank Deposits: Why Post Office Is Better Choice?
- Education IIIT-Delhi Announces Season 5 Of The Summer Camp For Government School Students
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Gujarat In May
As India battles a fierce second wave of the Covid-19 pandemic, there is only one way to tackle this crisis and that is mass vaccination. Seeing the current growth of coronavirus patients, Uber India has announced an Rs 18.5 crore initiative to compensate the first batch of 1,50,000 car, auto and moto drivers on the platform for time spent in getting their shots.
Pavan Vaish, Head of Supply & Driver Operations, Uber India South Asia, said, "Mass vaccination is key to tackling India's COVID crisis, and this is the best way to ensure that drivers, riders and the broader community can get protected as soon as possible. We will soon begin communicating this initiative to drivers across all our product lines, and encourage them to take up the offer."
Uber India's main aim is to tell their employees they're not alone in their battle against corona. All drivers showing valid digital vaccination certificates will be eligible for Rs 400 for each of their two shots. Drivers who're able to show they've been vaccinated before April 30 can also claim the funds back.
Uber will soon begin communicating this initiative to drivers across all our product lines and encourage them to take up the offer. The vaccination drive is the latest addition to our covid-19 response in India. Earlier this year, the company pledged Rs 10 Crores worth of free rides to help people get to and from the nearest vaccine centre.
Also, this year, Uber has facilitated around 9,000 free online medical consultations for drivers and their families through DocsApp. Since the early days of the pandemic, the company has been providing financial assistance for up to 14 days to drivers who have been tested covid positive or have been asked to self-isolate by a public health authority.
Thoughts About Uber Announcing Rs 18.5 Crores Incentives For Vaccinating The First Batch Of 1,50,000 Drivers
Through this incentive, Uber has done a really great thing and the company also says that mass vaccination should be done to stop the Covid-19 pandemic. The company will soon begin communicating this initiative to drivers across all our product lines and encourage them to take up the offer.