- 6 hrs ago Tata Tiago CNG Vs Maruti Suzuki Celerio CNG: Design, Powertrain & More
- 8 hrs ago Toyota Hilux TVC Out Ahead Of Launch: Bookings Now Open
- 10 hrs ago Skoda Slavia Production Started: Deliveries To Commence From March 2022
- 14 hrs ago Five Things To Know About The Tata Tiago CNG: Design, Powertrain & More
- News Goa elections: Manohar Parikkar's son quits BJP after failing to get ticket
- Movies Bigg Boss 15 January 21 Highlights: Rashami Desai And Devoleena Bhattacharjee Get Into A Nasty Fight
- Finance Buy Aster DM Healthcare For 16% Potential Gains In 3 Months: HDFC Securities
- Sports PKL 2021-22: U.P. Yoddha beat Bengal Warriors, jump to fourth on points table
- Lifestyle COVID: Omicron Sub-Lineage BA.2 Considered 'Variant Under Investigation' In The UK
- Education RSMSSB Admit Card 2022 Released For Fireman, AFO Exam At rsmssb.rajasthan.gov.in, Download Here
- Technology Intel Is Building World's Largest Chip Manufacturing Plant In Ohio, USA: Will Be Operational By 2025
- Travel Amazing Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In Winter Of 2022
Toyota has trademarked the Corolla Quest name in India. The company could be looking at reiving the Corolla nameplate in the Indian market. The Corolla Quest is currently sold in various international markets with a hybrid engine. The India-spec sedan model could make a comeback with the eco-friendly engine as well.
The Corolla nameplate was already available in India for over 15 years, right from the early 2000s to the year 2020, where the sedan was discontinued. While there are hatchback versions of the Corolla model sold internationally, the Indian market received the premium sedan offering.
The Corolla Altis was removed from the sales in 2020 and was not updated to meet the BS6 emission standards. The sales of the premium sedan had dropped massively amidst the demand for SUVs in the country.
However, as its rival, the 2021 Skoda Octavia is going on sale in the country next week, Toyota might look to revive the Corolla brand to keep the competition going. Much like the Octavia, the Corolla Quest, if launched will be in its all-new avatar with new design and features.
There are also some speculations around Toyota using the Corolla Quest name for the rebadged Maruti Suzuki Ciaz. This will most likely remain a rumour as the now-discontinued Corolla Altis was a much more premium offering at the time as compared to the Ciaz.
The Toyota Corolla Altis in its BS4 format was offered with two engine options: a 1.4-litre turbo-diesel unit producing 87bhp and 205Nm of torque, and a 1.8-litre petrol unit producing 138bhp and 173Nm of torque.
Both engines came mated to a standard six-speed gearbox, with an optional automatic on the petrol variants. These are the same engine options that are currently being offered on the Corolla Quest sold in international markets.
Apart from the powertrain, a lot has changed on the new Corolla Quest aka Corolla Altis. The company has given the sedan an all-new front fascia with a redesigned grille, headlamps and bumpers.
The rear of the car also features design revision made to the boot-lid of the sedan along with rear bumpers and taillamps. However, the overall silhouette of the Corolla Quest sedan remains the same as the discontinued Corolla Altis.
On the inside, the Corolla Quest features a redesigned cabin loaded with features. This includes a large touchscreen infotainment system that supports wireless smartphone connectivity, climate control, steering mounted control, rear reclining seats with armrest, a reverse parking camera and a lot more.
Thoughts About The Toyota Corolla Quest Name Trademarked In India
Toyota might be reconsidering its plans for the Corolla Altis sedan for the Indian market. Due to the rising concerns of air pollutants, Toyota could introduce the hybrid engine with the new Corolla.
The Japanese automaker will soon be shifting its entire portfolio to hybrid engines catering to the growing demand across the world. The Corolla hybrid, if launched will be the third hybrid vehicles on offer in the brand's Indian line-up after the Camry and the Vellfire.