- 4 hrs ago Nissan Magnite Exports Commences To Nepal, Indonesia & South Africa: Details
- 6 hrs ago 2021 Jaguar F-Pace SVR Bookings Open In India: High-Performance SUV Coming Soon
- 18 hrs ago Top-Selling Bikes In India (May 2021): Hero Splendor & Hero HF Deluxe Take Top Two Spots
- 22 hrs ago Fast & Furious Toyota Supra Auctioned For Rs 4.07 Crore; Becomes Most-Expensive Supra
- News PM Modi to interact with participants on Toycathon 2021
- Education IIT Kharagpur Offering Free Online Course On Internet Of Things
- Movies Shah Rukh Khan And Akshay Kumar's Throwback Picture From Dil To Pagal Hai Sets Will Make You Nostalgic!
- Technology Reliance Jio, Airtel Introduce Strategies To Increase APRU: Check Details Here
- Finance Auto Component Suppliers To See 70% Dip In Operating Profits In Q1 Due To COVID Restrictions: Icra
- Lifestyle Nushrat Bharucha And Sunny Leone’s Crop Top And Pants Combo Make For The Best Outfits For Job Interviews
- Sports UEFA has no plans to move Euro 2020 semi-finals and final from Wembley
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In August
Rolls-Royce recently announced that it has reintroduced coach building operations. The last of the bespoke coach built Rolls-Royce was the one-off Sweeptail revealed in 2017. The coachbuilding department will allow its clients to completely customize their bespoke Rolls-Royce while adhering to the brand's design language.
Some of these design principles include a body to the wheel-size ratio of 2:1, a body shape defined by three fluid lines running along the length of the car, and all cars will wear the Spirit of Ecstacy.
Coachbuilding was once extremely popular with manufacturers like Rolls-Royce and Bentley. The era of coachbuilding gave rise to companies that specialised in the art. These companies would take the bare chassis and engine of a Rolls-Royce and build a bespoke body over it. The British brand now wants to bring this back.
Rolls-Royce claims that its new platform with an all-aluminium spaceframe chassis was designed to be scalable in its application. The new platform debuted with the current-generation Rolls-Royce Phantom.
The new platform allows Rolls-Royce engineers to modify the bulkhead, floor, crossmembers, and sill panels to suit the design finalised with the client. As of now, Rolls-Royce has further upped their game completely with the introduction of a new bespoke chassis which even underpins the new Rolls-Royce Ghost.
Rolls Royce as a brand looks stronger than ever with the introduction of the brand's first SUV, the Cullinan. The Cullinan received an overwhelming response from both enthusiasts and traditional Rolls-Royce users. Now the introduction of the coachbuilding facility just strengthens the brand further.
Thoughts On Rolls-Royce's Coachbuilding Programme
No other brand comes close to the presence or a sense of occasion offered by Rolls-Royce and its cars. The reintroduction of coachbuilding will further enhance the luxury quotient and will also allow Rolls-Royce's uber-rich clientele to spend their money more easily. However, there will be certain challenges with the new safety norms.