- 56 min ago Yamaha R3 BS6 India Launch Expected Soon: Could Come With New Design & Features
- 2 hrs ago Pure EV Electic Scooter Warranty Extended For Battery, Motor & Controller: Here Are All The Details
- 4 hrs ago Hyundai Ioniq 5 Electric Vehicle Displayed In India; India Launch Likely If Import Duty Is Reduced
- 5 hrs ago Toyota Hybrid Battery Warranty Extended: Toyota Camry & Vellfire Get 8 Years Battery Warranty
- News Cloudburst in Jammu and Kashmir: Amit Shah speaks to Lieutenant Governor to take stock of situation
- Sports India vs Sri Lanka 2nd T20I: Padikkal, Gaikwad, Rana, Sakariya debut as SL invite Dhawan to bat first
- Technology Samsung Galaxy A52s Geekbench Listing Reveals Key Specs; Here's The Expected Price
- Education Government Likely To Offer OBC, EWS Reservation In AIQ For Medical Colleges Admissions
- Finance Rakesh Jhunjhunwala To Start New Airline; Starting With 70 Planes
- Lifestyle Friendship Day 2021: Things Only Best Friends Can Relate To
- Movies Swara Bhasker's Next Is A Murder Mystery Titled Mimamsa
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In August
Mercedes-Benz is all set to launch the new S-Class in the Indian market. The iconic luxury sedan from the German automaker will go on sale from June 17, 2021. As ever, the new Mercedes-Benz S-Class has undergone a host of changes inside and out to match the history of the moniker.
- New S-Class arriving as (CBU) Completely Built-Up Units
- Expected to be offered in a single fully-loaded long-wheelbase Launch Edition
- Select dealers are accepting pre-bookings for a token amount of Rs 1 lakh
- Expected to be priced around Rs 1.8 crore, ex-showroom
The 2021 Mercedes-Benz S-Class has undergone a lot of change inside and out. Starting with the exterior, the luxury saloon retains its long-wheelbase and sloping roofline design. It continues to feature a Mercedes-Benz hood ornament along with a chrome-finished grille.
The radiator grille also holds the sensor module, that helps the car with active safety features and autonomous driving. The headlamps are now slimmer and feature the brand's ‘Digital Light' technology.
The rear of the new S-Class has not undergone many changes at the rear. It continues to feature sleek-looking taillights, a small boot-lip spoiler and a rather simple-looking rear bumper with chrome exhaust. The exterior styling of the S-Class is an understatement to what is on the inside of the saloon.
Moving inside, the 2021MY of the S-Class is loaded with new technologies, features and bespoke luxury. This includes fully power-operated ventilated quilted leather seats with massaging functions at the front and the rear. The rear seating is further enhanced by a heated headrest with a pillow.
The saloon features a total of 5 screens: a 12.8-inch OLED touchscreen infotainment system, a 12.3-inch instrument cluster, a 7.0-inch tablet integrated into the rear-seat armrest and two 10-inch screens for rear-seat entertainment.
Rear passengers can use the tablet to control a plethora of features on the new S-Class. This includes seat control, sunroof, infotainment system, sunshades, ambient lighting and more. They can also use it to communicate with the driver including sharing the map for the destination.
The new S-Class also features the brand's latest iteration of MBUX AI voice assistance. Using MBUX, one can simply talk to the car and control all the features without even lifting a finger. Further enhancing the connected technology is the ‘Mercedes Me'.
This feature allows the user to keep the car connected to their smartphone at all times. This particular feature also allows the owner to control various features of their home as well using MBUX voice assistant.
In terms of safety, the new Mercedes-Benz S-Class features an airbag for the rear passenger built into the rear of the front seat. It enhances passenger safety by a huge margin. Along with the passive safety features, the saloon also features the latest active safety features. This includes radar-guided cruise control, lane-keep assist, GPS enabled adaptive headlamps, park assist and more.
Mercedes-Benz is expected to offer the S-Class in both petrol and diesel engine option. The S450 variant will be powered by a 3.0-litre in-line-six turbo-petrol engine producing 362bhp and 500Nm of torque. The S400d variant will come with a 3.0-litre in-line-six turbo-diesel engine producing 326bhp and 700Nm of torque.
Both variants will be offered with a 9-speed automatic gearbox with the brand 4Matic all-wheel-drive system as standard. The new S-Class will also feature rear-wheel steering for ease of manoeuvrability.
Thoughts About The New Mercedes-Benz S-Class India Launch On June 17
Mercedes-Benz will follow the launch of the GLS600 Maybach with another luxury offering in India. The S-Class name is known for its luxury and features across the globe, and the 2021MY is no different. The German automaker has given the new S-Class all the bells and whistles along with bespoke luxury elements to make the occupants feel super special.