- 1 hr ago MG Astor First Look Review — The Most Advanced MG Yet Is Quite Impressive
- 15 hrs ago Volkswagen Polo And Vento Waiting Period Reach 5 Months; Bookings On Some Variants Stopped
- 18 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Will Receive A New Fuel Pump; Plans For A Recall & Replacements To Be Made Free Of Cost
- 21 hrs ago Ola Electric Scooter Portal To Open On November 1. Pre-Bookings Open
- Lifestyle Ananya Panday Is Here To Set The Gram On Fire Yet Again With Her Brown Bralette
- Technology Week 38, 2021 Launch Roundup: Apple iPhone 13 Pro, 13 Pro Max, iPhone 13, 13 Mini, Realme C25Y, And More
- Sports IPL 2021: Lasith Malinga recalls time with four-time champions Mumbai Indians
- News Rahul Gandhi takes dig at govt over record COVID-19 vaccinations
- Finance How To Buy Silver In India? Different Investing Options In Silver
- Movies Mohit Raina Spills The Beans About His Role In Shiddat; 'Hoping People Will Love It'
- Education REET Admit Card 2021 Released, Download At reetbser21.com
- Travel 8 Appealing Winter Holiday Destinations In India
The Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MoRTH) has proposed a new system for vehicle registration in the country. The new system will allow free movement of personal vehicles across any state in India upon relocation.
The new rule is being proposed for Defence, Central /State Govt, Central/ State PSUs and Pvt sector Cos/organizations employees. However, the company has to have offices in 5 or more States or UTs to become eligible for the new vehicle registration policy.
The motor vehicle tax under the new registration scheme will be levied for two years or in multiple of two, as per the proposal. MoRTH has proposed a new ‘IN' series registration plate, which will indicate the vehicles nationwide registration validity for eligible private owners.
The government organization has asked States/UTs to offer their comments on the new proposal.
Based on the existing law, private vehicle owners can use the vehicle in a new state with the old state registration for 12 months. They are required to re-register with the new state within 12 months after relocating.
However, according to the government authority, the current rule has caused many issues for private vehicle relocating to a new state.
Announcing the new proposal via its Twitter account, MoRTh said, "Re-registration of the vehicle while moving to another state is one of the pain points in the vehicle registration process that needed attention. IT-based solution for vehicle registration is one such effort."
It further stated, "Station relocation occurs with both Govt / Pvt sector employees. Such movements create a sense of unease in their minds regarding the transfer of registration from the parent state to another state."
As a result, the government organization has decided to propose a new rule, which will become hassle-free for private vehicle owners to relocate from one State to another in the country.
Thoughts About MoRTH Proposing New All-India Vehicle Registration Policy
The new vehicle registration proposed by MoRTH solves one of the biggest issues in the Indian transport system. The new rule will allow free movement of vehicles regardless of their registered state across the country for a lifetime.
However, there are huge challenges in the implementation of this rule, which MoRTH says can overcome via IT solutions.