- 12 hrs ago Largest EV Charging Station In India Opens In Gurugram: Charge Up To 100 EVs Simultaneously
- 15 hrs ago Connected Cars & Their Internet Requirements: Faster & More Secure Internet Tech Needed?
- 18 hrs ago Mercedes Partners With ProLogium To Develop Next-Gen Solid-State EV Batteries
- 19 hrs ago Here Is A List Of Genuine Accessories For Toyota Hilux In India: Scuff Plates, Canopy & More
- Technology Flipkart Electronics Sale 2022: Best Discount Deals On Mid-Range Smartphones
- Movies Bigg Boss 15 Jan 28 Highlights: Karan, Tejasswi & Other Finalists Get Emotional After Watching Their AVs
- Finance Union Budget 2022 Stock Buy: Cement Stock That Could Benefit From Infra Spends
- News India closely following developments in Ukraine, calls for peaceful resolution of situation
- Lifestyle Opinion: Did COVID-19 In India Take Away Safety Net Of Poor School-Going Children?
- Sports ISL 2021-22: Daniel Chima Chukwu on target as Jamshedpur down FC Goa
- Education Assam TET Re-Evaluation Result 2021 Declared, Download Lower Primary, Upper Primary TET Result Here
- Travel Amazing Places To Visit In Puducherry In Winter Of 2022
The Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MoRTH) has proposed a new system for vehicle registration in the country. The new system will allow free movement of personal vehicles across any state in India upon relocation.
The new rule is being proposed for Defence, Central /State Govt, Central/ State PSUs and Pvt sector Cos/organizations employees. However, the company has to have offices in 5 or more States or UTs to become eligible for the new vehicle registration policy.
The motor vehicle tax under the new registration scheme will be levied for two years or in multiple of two, as per the proposal. MoRTH has proposed a new 'IN' series registration plate, which will indicate the vehicles nationwide registration validity for eligible private owners.
The government organization has asked States/UTs to offer their comments on the new proposal.
Based on the existing law, private vehicle owners can use the vehicle in a new state with the old state registration for 12 months. They are required to re-register with the new state within 12 months after relocating.
However, according to the government authority, the current rule has caused many issues for private vehicle relocating to a new state.
Announcing the new proposal via its Twitter account, MoRTh said, "Re-registration of the vehicle while moving to another state is one of the pain points in the vehicle registration process that needed attention. IT-based solution for vehicle registration is one such effort."
It further stated, "Station relocation occurs with both Govt / Pvt sector employees. Such movements create a sense of unease in their minds regarding the transfer of registration from the parent state to another state."
As a result, the government organization has decided to propose a new rule, which will become hassle-free for private vehicle owners to relocate from one State to another in the country.
Thoughts About MoRTH Proposing New All-India Vehicle Registration Policy
The new vehicle registration proposed by MoRTH solves one of the biggest issues in the Indian transport system. The new rule will allow free movement of vehicles regardless of their registered state across the country for a lifetime.
However, there are huge challenges in the implementation of this rule, which MoRTH says can overcome via IT solutions.