- 8 hrs ago Ola Introduces Electric Vehicle Taxi Rides In London
- 9 hrs ago 2021 Mercedes-Maybach S680 Revealed: Epitome Of Luxury & V12 Power
- 14 hrs ago Datsun Cars Offers & Discount For May 2021: Up To Rs 40,000 Benefits Across Models
- 1 day ago Hero MotoCorp To Resume Operations From May 17 In A Staggered Manner In The Country
- News Immediate de-escalation need of the hour: India on Israel Gaza conflict
- Sports Vaughan hurls spot-fixing barb on Butt in war of words on who's greater between Kohli and Kane
- Technology How To Update GB WhatsApp On Your Android Smartphones?
- Movies Choti Sarrdaarni Fame Abhilasha Jakhar And Vineet Kumar Chaudhary Blessed With A Baby Boy; SEE PIC
- Finance Will Interest Rates On PPF, NSC, Post Office Deposits Be Cut On July 1?
- Education Industry Leaders Cobble Up COVID Widows Initiative To Help Women Who Lost Their Partners To Pandemic
- Lifestyle On Vicky Kaushal’s Birthday, His Super-Cool Hairstyles From Masaan, Manmarziyaan, And Sanju
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Gujarat In May
The Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MoRTH) has proposed a new system for vehicle registration in the country. The new system will allow free movement of personal vehicles across any state in India upon relocation.
The new rule is being proposed for Defence, Central /State Govt, Central/ State PSUs and Pvt sector Cos/organizations employees. However, the company has to have offices in 5 or more States or UTs to become eligible for the new vehicle registration policy.
The motor vehicle tax under the new registration scheme will be levied for two years or in multiple of two, as per the proposal. MoRTH has proposed a new ‘IN' series registration plate, which will indicate the vehicles nationwide registration validity for eligible private owners.
The government organization has asked States/UTs to offer their comments on the new proposal.
Based on the existing law, private vehicle owners can use the vehicle in a new state with the old state registration for 12 months. They are required to re-register with the new state within 12 months after relocating.
However, according to the government authority, the current rule has caused many issues for private vehicle relocating to a new state.
Announcing the new proposal via its Twitter account, MoRTh said, "Re-registration of the vehicle while moving to another state is one of the pain points in the vehicle registration process that needed attention. IT-based solution for vehicle registration is one such effort."
It further stated, "Station relocation occurs with both Govt / Pvt sector employees. Such movements create a sense of unease in their minds regarding the transfer of registration from the parent state to another state."
As a result, the government organization has decided to propose a new rule, which will become hassle-free for private vehicle owners to relocate from one State to another in the country.
Thoughts About MoRTH Proposing New All-India Vehicle Registration Policy
The new vehicle registration proposed by MoRTH solves one of the biggest issues in the Indian transport system. The new rule will allow free movement of vehicles regardless of their registered state across the country for a lifetime.
However, there are huge challenges in the implementation of this rule, which MoRTH says can overcome via IT solutions.