- 6 hrs ago Chevrolet Monsoon Camp Second-Phase To Begin Next Week In India: Here Are All The Details
- 7 hrs ago Tata Nexon EV Now On Sale In Nepal — Prices Start At NPR 35.99 Lakh
- 7 hrs ago Bajaj Chetak Bookings Reopen: High Demand For The Electric Scooter Continues In These Cities
- 8 hrs ago Ducati Opens New Showroom In Pune: Multistrada V4 Showcased For The First Time In India
- Technology List Of Best Smartphones Launched In July Month 2021
- Sports India vs Sri Lanka T20I Series 2021: Full List of Award Winners, Records and Statistics
- Movies Thittam Irandu Movie Review: Aishwarya Rajesh’s Convincing Performance Doesn’t Help This Whodunit Thriller
- News Assam government issues advisory; Urges residents to not travel to Mizoram
- Lifestyle International Tiger Day 2021: Perceptions Around Tiger And Leopard-Patterned Outfits
- Education NEP 2020: PM Modi Launches ‘AI For All’ Initiative, Aims To Train 1 Million Indians In A Year
- Finance 3 High-Rated Aggressive Hybrid Mutual Funds To Start SIP In 2021
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In August
Very soon a nominee can be added for your vehicle's registration. The Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MoRTH) is trying to make some changes in the Central Motor Vehicle Rules, 1989 which will facilitate vehicle owners to add a nominee name in their vehicle's RC.
At present, the rules for change of ownership of the vehicle whose owner is deceased involves lots of formalities and paperwork. If the new proposed suggestion comes into action, the nominee can easily transfer the ownership of the vehicle, post the demise of the original owner.
The new rule change is also applicable to existing vehicles as well. Owners of both new and existing vehicles can add a nominee to the registration through an online application. However, vehicle owners must also submit proof of identity of the nominee to add his/her name to the RC.
The new rule also states that, in case of death of the vehicle's owner, the nominee must fill Form 31 and submit the application for transfer of ownership within three months from the death of the vehicle owner. The new rule also facilitates the change of nominee, if the registered owner wishes to do so through an agreed Standard Operating Procedure (SOP).
Thoughts On New MoRTH Rule Allowing Vehicle Owners To Add A Nominee To The RC
The new rule change which allows the registered vehicle owner to add a nominee is a much-awaited and welcome decision from the MoRTH. With more than 1.5 lakh fatal road accidents happening every year throughout the country, this rule change is one for the better and will help get rid of burdensome paperwork.