- 1 hr ago Nissan Magnite Vs Renault Kiger Sales Comparison For April 2021: Car Sales Report
- 1 hr ago TVS Motor Company COVID-19 Relief: Contributes Over Rs 40 Crore & 2,000 Oxygen Concentrators
- 2 hrs ago Tata Tiago CNG Hatchback Spied Testing Ahead Of India Launch Details: Pics & Details
- 4 hrs ago Yamaha YZF-R7 Teaser Video Released: Replacement For The Yamaha R6
- Movies Latest TRP Ratings: Ghum Hai Kisikey Pyaar Meiin Retains 2nd Spot; Saath Nibhaana Saathiya 2 Returns To Top 5
- News COVID-19: SC sets up national task force to assess and distribute oxygen throughout India
- Education IIIT Delhi Offering PG Diploma in Data Science and Artificial Intelligence
- Sports BREAKING NEWS: Neymar signs new PSG deal as he commits until 2025
- Finance Top Crypto News Round-Up; Bitcoin, Ethereum, Dogecoin, And Cardano
- Technology Amazon Mother’s Day Quiz Answers: Here's Your Chance To Bag Rs. 25,000 Amazon Pay Balance
- Lifestyle Tere Naam And M.S. Dhoni Actress Bhumika Chawla Exudes Soothing Vibes With Her Latest Outfit
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In May
Very soon a nominee can be added for your vehicle's registration. The Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MoRTH) is trying to make some changes in the Central Motor Vehicle Rules, 1989 which will facilitate vehicle owners to add a nominee name in their vehicle's RC.
At present, the rules for change of ownership of the vehicle whose owner is deceased involves lots of formalities and paperwork. If the new proposed suggestion comes into action, the nominee can easily transfer the ownership of the vehicle, post the demise of the original owner.
The new rule change is also applicable to existing vehicles as well. Owners of both new and existing vehicles can add a nominee to the registration through an online application. However, vehicle owners must also submit proof of identity of the nominee to add his/her name to the RC.
The new rule also states that, in case of death of the vehicle's owner, the nominee must fill Form 31 and submit the application for transfer of ownership within three months from the death of the vehicle owner. The new rule also facilitates the change of nominee, if the registered owner wishes to do so through an agreed Standard Operating Procedure (SOP).
Thoughts On New MoRTH Rule Allowing Vehicle Owners To Add A Nominee To The RC
The new rule change which allows the registered vehicle owner to add a nominee is a much-awaited and welcome decision from the MoRTH. With more than 1.5 lakh fatal road accidents happening every year throughout the country, this rule change is one for the better and will help get rid of burdensome paperwork.