- 15 hrs ago Mercedes To Bring The Most Powerful Four-Cylinder Car In The World To India
- 17 hrs ago Royal Enfield Reveals 'Birth of the Bullet' & 'The Picnic Special' Limited Edition Helmets
- 19 hrs ago Euler Motors HiLoad Commercial EV Launched At Rs 3.50 Lakhs
- 20 hrs ago Audi Looks At Assembling EVs in India — A Sign Of Things To Come
- News 7th Pay Commission: When will the new DA hike be effective from
- Finance Fuel Rates Hiked Again On October 28, 2021, Petrol In Delhi Crosses Rs. 108/ L
- Technology Amazon Great Indian Festival Sale 2021: Discounts On Quad Camera Smartphones From Low To Premium Price
- Movies Bigg Boss 15 October 27 Highlights: Ieshaan Sehgaal And Rajiv Adatia Get Into Huge Argument
- Sports T20 World Cup: Debutants Nambia extend impressive run with win over Scotland in Super 12s
- Education CAT Admit Card 2021 Released At iimcat.ac.in, Check How To Download IIM Hall Tickets
- Lifestyle Halloween 2021: Doll And Guards Costume From Squid Game And The Significance Of These Costumes Spoilers
- Travel Karnataka's Ten Best Winter Destinations
Very soon a nominee can be added for your vehicle's registration. The Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MoRTH) is trying to make some changes in the Central Motor Vehicle Rules, 1989 which will facilitate vehicle owners to add a nominee name in their vehicle's RC.
At present, the rules for change of ownership of the vehicle whose owner is deceased involves lots of formalities and paperwork. If the new proposed suggestion comes into action, the nominee can easily transfer the ownership of the vehicle, post the demise of the original owner.
The new rule change is also applicable to existing vehicles as well. Owners of both new and existing vehicles can add a nominee to the registration through an online application. However, vehicle owners must also submit proof of identity of the nominee to add his/her name to the RC.
The new rule also states that, in case of death of the vehicle's owner, the nominee must fill Form 31 and submit the application for transfer of ownership within three months from the death of the vehicle owner. The new rule also facilitates the change of nominee, if the registered owner wishes to do so through an agreed Standard Operating Procedure (SOP).
Thoughts On New MoRTH Rule Allowing Vehicle Owners To Add A Nominee To The RC
The new rule change which allows the registered vehicle owner to add a nominee is a much-awaited and welcome decision from the MoRTH. With more than 1.5 lakh fatal road accidents happening every year throughout the country, this rule change is one for the better and will help get rid of burdensome paperwork.