- 24 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Exports Two Million Vehicles From India: Read More To Find Out
- 1 day ago IMOTY 2021: All-New Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Wins The 2021 Indian Bike Of The Year Award
- 1 day ago ICOTY 2021: Third-Generation Hyundai i20 Wins The 2021 Indian Car Of The Year Award
- 1 day ago Bangalore’s First La Maison Citroen Showroom Launched: Here Are All The Details
- Sports NZC shift matches against Australian men, England women to Wellington
- News Sensex surges over 500 pts in early trade; Nifty tops 14,680
- Technology Oppo F19 Pro, F19 Pro+ 5G With Punch-Hole Display Listed On Amazon India
- Movies Anil Kapoor Recalls How He Almost Killed Rahul Bose While Shooting For Dil Dhadakne Do; Says 'I Was Worried'
- Finance Gross Value Added To Grow By 1.5% To 2% In Q4
- Education IBPS Clerk Mains Exam Analysis 2021, Check Difficulty Level
- Lifestyle Madhuri Dixit’s Glamorous Pictures In Shimmering Eye Shadow And Dark Pink Lipstick Leaves Us Speechless
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In March
Lexus has introduced a new variant to its flagship sedan offering in the Indian market, with the new LS500 Nishijin. The new Lexus LS500 Nishijin variant will be the top-spec variant, positioned above the standard trim and priced at Rs 2.22 crore, ex-showroom (India).
The new top-spec trim comes with a host of new features, both inside and out. Starting with the exteriors, while the styling and silhouette remain the same, the new Lexus LS500 Nishijin now comes with a brand new exterior paint scheme, called ‘Gin-ei-Luster'. Lexus states that this paint scheme offers mirror-like texture; a result of the brand using the latest paint technology available.
Along with the new paint scheme, Lexus has also updated the LS500 sedan with a sportier and aggressive bumper, adding to its already immense road presence.
Interiors of the new Lexus LS500 Nishijin is said to combine traditional Japanese crafts with modern technology. The cabin on the new variant is said to offer excellent style and comfort, with uncompromising attention to detail.
The new LS500 variant also comes with interior ornamentation of ‘Nishijin & Haku', which borrows inspiration from the ‘path of moonlight on the sea' - said to be a mysterious phenomenon witnessed before, after and during a full moon. To replicate this, the interiors of the new LS500 variant comes with intricately woven silver threads of ‘Nishijin', along with the application of a thin ‘Haku' platinum foil.
Apart from this, both variants of the Lexus LS500 (Standard & Nishijin) also feature a host of other updates as well. This includes the addition of operating and controlling the display and audio functions on the sedan's 12.3-inch touchscreen infotainment screen using an iPhone or Android smartphone.
Lexus has also updated the switches and physical controls on the steering and centre console across both its LS500 variants. The updated controls now give the interiors of the sedan a more premium look and feel.
The new Lexus LS500 Nishijin, however, continues to be powered by the same powertrain as its standard model. This comes in the form of a 3.5-litre V6 petrol engine producing 354bhp and 350Nm of peak torque, paired with an automatic transmission unit as standard.
P.B. Venugopal, President, Lexus India said,
"Following the positive response of the LS 500h in India, we are delighted to unveil the new Nishijin variant and improvements to the flagship model."
"These upgrades keep in line with the sophistication and craftsmanship of the Lexus LS 500h flagship luxury model and will deliver optimum performance with cutting-edge technologies, while keeping in mind the environmental benefits and the sought-after comfort of our guests. We are excited to see the response to this new and luxurious variant in the Indian market."
Thoughts On The New Lexus LS500 Nishijin
The new variant of the Lexus LS500, called the Nishijin is the new range-topping trim of the brand's flagship sedan offering in the Indian market. The sedan rivals the likes of the Audi A8 L, BMW 7 Series and the Mercedes-Benz S-Class.