- 6 hrs ago Royal Enfield Continental GT Cup; More Affordable Than One Might Imagine
- 13 hrs ago BMW C 400 GT Teaser Video Released; Comes With 34 Bhp 350cc Engine
- 16 hrs ago New Honda BR-V Revealed; Comes With ADAS And Many Other Advanced Features
- 20 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Style Variant Gets Updated; Kushaq Style Variant Now Receives 6 Airbags & TPMS
- Finance 4 Auto and Auto Ancillaries Stocks Doubled Investors Money In 2021
- Education Kerala Plus One Allotment Result 2021 Released At vhscap.kerala.gov.in
- News Narendra Giri death: It’s not his handwriting in suicide note, claims Niranjani Akhara chief
- Technology Amazon Great Indian Festival Sale 2021: Rock Bottom Prices On Smartwatches From Fitbit, Garmin
- Sports Naomi Osaka withdraws from Indian Wells after US Open collapse
- Movies Sunny Full Movie Leaked Online For Free Download In HD Quality
- Lifestyle Chitrangda Looks Graceful In Her White Suit Look And We Can’t Take Our Eyes Off Her
- Travel 7 Amazing Indian Beaches For Families
Lexus has introduced a new variant to its flagship sedan offering in the Indian market, with the new LS500 Nishijin. The new Lexus LS500 Nishijin variant will be the top-spec variant, positioned above the standard trim and priced at Rs 2.22 crore, ex-showroom (India).
The new top-spec trim comes with a host of new features, both inside and out. Starting with the exteriors, while the styling and silhouette remain the same, the new Lexus LS500 Nishijin now comes with a brand new exterior paint scheme, called ‘Gin-ei-Luster'. Lexus states that this paint scheme offers mirror-like texture; a result of the brand using the latest paint technology available.
Along with the new paint scheme, Lexus has also updated the LS500 sedan with a sportier and aggressive bumper, adding to its already immense road presence.
Interiors of the new Lexus LS500 Nishijin is said to combine traditional Japanese crafts with modern technology. The cabin on the new variant is said to offer excellent style and comfort, with uncompromising attention to detail.
The new LS500 variant also comes with interior ornamentation of ‘Nishijin & Haku', which borrows inspiration from the ‘path of moonlight on the sea' - said to be a mysterious phenomenon witnessed before, after and during a full moon. To replicate this, the interiors of the new LS500 variant comes with intricately woven silver threads of ‘Nishijin', along with the application of a thin ‘Haku' platinum foil.
Apart from this, both variants of the Lexus LS500 (Standard & Nishijin) also feature a host of other updates as well. This includes the addition of operating and controlling the display and audio functions on the sedan's 12.3-inch touchscreen infotainment screen using an iPhone or Android smartphone.
Lexus has also updated the switches and physical controls on the steering and centre console across both its LS500 variants. The updated controls now give the interiors of the sedan a more premium look and feel.
The new Lexus LS500 Nishijin, however, continues to be powered by the same powertrain as its standard model. This comes in the form of a 3.5-litre V6 petrol engine producing 354bhp and 350Nm of peak torque, paired with an automatic transmission unit as standard.
P.B. Venugopal, President, Lexus India said,
"Following the positive response of the LS 500h in India, we are delighted to unveil the new Nishijin variant and improvements to the flagship model."
"These upgrades keep in line with the sophistication and craftsmanship of the Lexus LS 500h flagship luxury model and will deliver optimum performance with cutting-edge technologies, while keeping in mind the environmental benefits and the sought-after comfort of our guests. We are excited to see the response to this new and luxurious variant in the Indian market."
Thoughts On The New Lexus LS500 Nishijin
The new variant of the Lexus LS500, called the Nishijin is the new range-topping trim of the brand's flagship sedan offering in the Indian market. The sedan rivals the likes of the Audi A8 L, BMW 7 Series and the Mercedes-Benz S-Class.