- 15 hrs ago Royal Enfield Introduces ‘Make It Yours’ Riding Jackets; Available Soon At Dealership Level
- 17 hrs ago Tata Punch Reaches Dealerships Before Its Official Launch; Tata Bets Big On Punch
- 22 hrs ago Yamaha Aerox 155 Launch Tomorrow; Powered By Yamaha’s Liquid-Cooled Engine From R15
- 1 day ago MG Astor First Look Review — The Most Advanced MG Yet Is Quite Impressive
- Movies Neena Gupta Wanted To Dress Like Tennis Player Martina Navratilova; Gulzar Asked Her To Improve Her Game First
- Education International Day of Peace 2021: Know Why World Peace Day Is Celebrated
- News Drone attack: NIA raids multiple locations in Jammu and Kashmir
- Sports Petchdam plans to stop Taiki Naito, eyes ONE Flyweight Muay Thai champ Rodtang
- Lifestyle Expert Article: Nutritional Care And Challenges In Feeding A Patient With Alzheimer’s
- Technology Amazon Sony Google TV Quiz Answers: Win Sony Bravia 4K Ultra HD Smart LED Google TV
- Finance Why Bitcoin And Other Crypto Prices Are Plunging?
- Travel Pitru Paksha 2021: Important Places For Pind Daan In India
The Hyundai Alcazar's launch in the Indian market has been postponed yet again. The three-row Creta-based SUV was expected to arrive sometime this month after getting postponed from its initial launch timeline of April 2021.
However, according to the report from Autocar India, Hyundai will now launch the Alcazar sometime in June 2021. The continued surge in virus infection cases has forced the automaker to postpone product launch again in the country.
The Alcazar will be having its world premiere when launched in the Indian market. Ahead of its launch, the company has already unveiled the pre-production form of the Alcazar in the country. The Hyundai Alcazar is essentially a three-row version of the brand's Creta SUV.
Hyundai has made several changes to the Alcazar in comparison to the Creta. This includes the addition of the third row of seating. The company has done this by increasing the wheelbase on the Alcazar which is 150mm longer than the Creta. The total wheelbase of the extended SUV stands at 2,760mm.
The Alcazar will be offered in two seating configurations. The 6-seater models will feature captain seats in the second row, while the 7-seater variant will feature a bench seat in the middle — here are all details.
The Alcazar SUV will be offered petrol and diesel engine options. The new 2.0-litre ‘NU' petrol engine is a four-cylinder DOHC naturally-aspirated unit. It produces a maximum of 157bhp and a peak torque of 192Nm.
On the other hand, the 1.5-litre diesel engine is the same four-cylinder turbocharged unit from the Creta. It produces a maximum of 115bhp and a peak torque of 250Nm. Both engines will be offered with a 6-speed manual and a 6-speed torque converter automatic.
Apart from postponing the launch of the Alcazar, the company has also extended the vehicle standard warranty, extended warranty and free service period for its customers in the country. The automaker has taken the initiative to extend the validity of the vehicle maintenance packages for two months.
Thoughts About The Hyundai Alcazar India Launch Postponed Again Due To Ongoing Covid-19 Pandemic
The second wave of Covid-19 virus spread in the country has forced many automakers to move the timelines of their product launches in the country. The decision has been made to adhere to the government safety guidelines and protect its workforce in the country. The Alcazar is all set to rival the MG Hector Plus, Tata Safari and the Mahindra XUV500 in the Indian market.