- 13 hrs ago Hyundai Creta SX Executive Variant: Details Leaked Ahead Of India Launch
- 1 day ago New Lexus NX SUV Revealed Globally: India Launch Likely
- 1 day ago New Driving Licence Rules: Here’s How To Apply Learner Licence Online
- 1 day ago Audi e-Tron Arrives At Showrooms; India Launch On The Cards!
- News Opposition alleges 'major' scam in land purchased to construct Ram temple in Ayodhya
- Sports Legendary sprinter Milkha Singh's wife Nirmal passes away due to COVID-19 complications
- Movies Khatron Ke Khiladi 11: Nikki Tamboli Says She Is Scared To Cry In Front Of Her Parents Post Brother's Death
- Education AP TET Syllabus 2021 Released, Notification Expected Soon
- Finance 8 Stocks To Be In News Or Buy On Monday, June 14, 2021
- Technology Week 24, 2021 Launch Roundup: iQOO Z3 5G, OnePlus Nord CE 5G, Nokia C20 Plus, Realme C25s And More
- Lifestyle Dil Bechara Actress Sanjana Sanghi’s Pyjama Set Is A Vibrant Outfit For Dull Mornings; Find Its Price Inside!
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Nagaland In June
The Hyundai Alcazar's launch in the Indian market has been postponed yet again. The three-row Creta-based SUV was expected to arrive sometime this month after getting postponed from its initial launch timeline of April 2021.
However, according to the report from Autocar India, Hyundai will now launch the Alcazar sometime in June 2021. The continued surge in virus infection cases has forced the automaker to postpone product launch again in the country.
The Alcazar will be having its world premiere when launched in the Indian market. Ahead of its launch, the company has already unveiled the pre-production form of the Alcazar in the country. The Hyundai Alcazar is essentially a three-row version of the brand's Creta SUV.
Hyundai has made several changes to the Alcazar in comparison to the Creta. This includes the addition of the third row of seating. The company has done this by increasing the wheelbase on the Alcazar which is 150mm longer than the Creta. The total wheelbase of the extended SUV stands at 2,760mm.
The Alcazar will be offered in two seating configurations. The 6-seater models will feature captain seats in the second row, while the 7-seater variant will feature a bench seat in the middle — here are all details.
The Alcazar SUV will be offered petrol and diesel engine options. The new 2.0-litre ‘NU' petrol engine is a four-cylinder DOHC naturally-aspirated unit. It produces a maximum of 157bhp and a peak torque of 192Nm.
On the other hand, the 1.5-litre diesel engine is the same four-cylinder turbocharged unit from the Creta. It produces a maximum of 115bhp and a peak torque of 250Nm. Both engines will be offered with a 6-speed manual and a 6-speed torque converter automatic.
Apart from postponing the launch of the Alcazar, the company has also extended the vehicle standard warranty, extended warranty and free service period for its customers in the country. The automaker has taken the initiative to extend the validity of the vehicle maintenance packages for two months.
Thoughts About The Hyundai Alcazar India Launch Postponed Again Due To Ongoing Covid-19 Pandemic
The second wave of Covid-19 virus spread in the country has forced many automakers to move the timelines of their product launches in the country. The decision has been made to adhere to the government safety guidelines and protect its workforce in the country. The Alcazar is all set to rival the MG Hector Plus, Tata Safari and the Mahindra XUV500 in the Indian market.