- 1 hr ago Volkswagen Polo And Vento Waiting Period Reach 5 Months; Bookings On Some Variants Stopped
- 3 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Will Receive A New Fuel Pump; Plans For A Recall & Replacements To Be Made Free Of Cost
- 7 hrs ago Ola Electric Scooter Portal To Open On November 1. Pre-Bookings Open
- 10 hrs ago Skoda Rapid Rider Plus Variant Discontinued In India: Base Automatic Variant Price Increases
- Finance Airlines To Operate At 85% Of Pre-Covid Domestic Flights: Civil Aviation Ministry
- Movies Bigg Boss OTT Finale: Pratik Sehajpal Is 1st Confirmed Contestant Of Bigg Boss 15; Here's When It'll Be Aired!
- Sports Burnley 0-1 Arsenal: Odegaard secures back-to-back wins for Gunners
- News Govt hikes domestic flight capacity to 85%
- Education Schools In Rajasthan To Reopen For Classes 6 To 8 From September 20
- Technology Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 4G Might Discontinued In India Soon
- Travel 8 Appealing Winter Holiday Destinations In India
- Lifestyle Is Hypertension Linked To Erectile Dysfunction?
Hyundai Alcazar bookings are now open. Hyundai has officially started accepting bookings for their Creta based 7-seater SUV, the Alcazar. This new seven-seater from the Korean manufacturer will take on the likes of the Tata Safari and MG Hector Plus. The Hyundai Alcazar will be loaded with features and will come with petrol and diesel engine options.
With the Alcazar, Hyundai is expecting to create huge sales numbers as the officials at Hyundai say that the Alcazar will not only attract new customers into the segment but it will also present a lucrative opportunity for existing Creta users to upgrade to a more spacious vehicle.
In terms of design, the Hyundai Alcazar is very similar to the Creta from the front, until the B-Pillar. The change is only noticeable from the rear door onwards. However, the overall design seems slightly more imposing, thanks to the large rear quarter and a best-in-segment wheelbase of 2,760mm.
Interior wise, we expect roomy interiors courtesy of the aforementioned 2,760mm wheelbase. Hyundai will offer both a 7-seater version and a more luxurious 6-seater version, where the middle bench seat is replaced with a pair of captain seats.
The dashboard is dominated by a large 10.25 inch horizontally laid out touchscreen infotainment unit and a fully digital instrument cluster. These two screens make the cabin look far more premium and this premium feel is again uplifted by a flat-bottom steering wheel and fancy gear lever.
To keep urban buyers happy, Hyundai has filled the cabin with all kinds of tech they can. It gets an eight-speaker Bose audio system, 64-colour ambient lighting, eight-way adjustable driver seat, smart panoramic sunroof, wireless charging etc.
Under the hood of the Alcazar is a 2.0-litre 152bhp petrol engine with 191Nm. If you don't want a petrol motor, you can opt for the familiar 115bhp 1.5-litre diesel engine already doing duty in the Creta. Whichever engine option you opt for; you can choose between a six-speed manual gearbox or a six-speed automatic transmission.
Thoughts On Hyundai Alcazar Bookings Being Opened
On paper the Hyundai Alcazar may rival the likes of the Tata Safari and the MG Hector Plus, but I believe Hyundai is taking the fight to even the likes of the Toyota Innova Crysta with the Alcazar. It all comes down to the pricing now and we're sure Hyundai will price the Alcazar aggressively.