- 9 hrs ago Skoda Rapid CNG Variant Coming To India: Zac Hollis Confirms 4 Product Launches In Next 12 Months
- 10 hrs ago Audi Celebrated Women’s Day With The #DriveTheChange Initiative: Read More To Find Out!
- 10 hrs ago Kabira Electric Motorcycles Sold Out In Just 4 Days: Both KM3000 & KM4000 Receive Overwhelming Response
- 11 hrs ago TVS To Provide Free COVID-19 Vaccination To All Employees & Their Immediate Family Members
- Technology Amazon Samsung Galaxy M Anniversary Sale 2021: Offers On Samsung Smartphones
- Movies Priyanka Chopra Jonas: I Guess I will Always Be Unfinished, But I See That As Good Thing
- Sports ISL 2020-21, Semifinals: MCFC vs FCG: Mumbai win battle of nerves to pip Goa to historic final
- News School boundary wall collapse: Six killed, many feared trapped under debris in Bihar's Khagaria
- Education International Women’s Day: Gender Scholars Are Calling For Recognition of Unpaid Care-Giving
- Finance SBI vs Canara vs Kotak vs Yes Bank: Check Current Interest Rates On FD Here
- Lifestyle Saina Trailer Launch: Parineeti Chopra Exudes Confidence And Boss Lady Vibes In Her White Pantsuit
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Nagaland In March
German auto manufacturer, Volkswagen, will be launching the updated Passat premium sedan in the Indian market. It is expected to arrive sometime this year in the country. Ahead of its launch, the Passat has been spied testing.
Latest spy images from Rushlane, reveal an undisguised mule testing near to the company's plant in Pune. The images also reveal the test mule to be loaded with weight simulating real-world test conditions of having passengers on-board.
The new VW Passat will feature subtle changes made to the exterior and interior of the sedan. At the front, It will feature redesigned front bumper, grille, and the LED Matrix headlamps. It also features a new tail lamp cluster, a redesigned Passat logo that is spread across the width of the boot, and 17-inch alloy wheels; among others.
On the side, the new Passat carries a bold shoulder line that is running between the front fender and tail lamp. The should line also integrates with door handles giving the sedan a premium and clean look. The BS6 model's design features a sleek and aggressive stance as compared to its BS4 counterpart.
On the inside, the new Passat is expected to feature a fully digital instrument console with the brand's virtual cockpit design and an updated infotainment system that supports smartphone connectivity and the brand's latest connected technology.
In addition to this, it will continue to feature climate control, a panoramic sunroof, updated leather upholstery, power-operated seats and ventilated seats, a multi-function steering wheel and cruise control; among others.
The biggest change on the BS6 Passat will be made to its powertrain. It is expected to be powered by the same 2.0-litre petrol engine that currently powers the new Skoda Superb. It produces 190bhp and a peak torque of 320Nm and comes paired to a seven-speed DSG automatic transmission as standard.
Volkswagen has announced that it will concentrate on building a petrol-only vehicle portfolio in the market after the latest emission norms came into effect. However, recent reports suggests that VW has not ruled out an optional BS6 diesel powertrain which could be offered at a later date.
In comparison, the 2.0-litre TDI engine on BS4 model produced 174bhp and 350Nm of torque and came mated to a six-speed DSG gearbox. The BS6 TSI petrol engine is 16bhp more powerful but produces 30Nm less torque as compared to the BS4 diesel engine.
The BS6 VW Passat is expected to come equipped with updated safety features including a couple of driver assistance systems. Forward-collision warning, autonomous emergency braking, a pedestrian monitoring system, and lane-keeping assist; among others could be featured on the new sedan along with other standard safety features.
Once launched, the Volkswagen Passat will rival the Skoda Superb and the Toyota Camry in the Indian market. The BS4 Passat retailed at a starting price of Rs 29.99 lakh (ex-showroom). Prices for the BS6 Passat is expected to see an increase because of all the updated made by the company.
Thoughts About The Volkswagen Passat BS6 Spied Testing Again Ahead Of Launch
With increased activity on testing simulating real-world conditions, it could indicate to the launch date getting closer in India. The BS6 Passat will offer improved equipment level, enhanced luxury and will be cleaner to the environment because of a petrol powertrain.