- 13 min ago Tata Gravitas Has Been Spotted Testing Ahead Of Its India Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- 23 hrs ago Top Car News Of The Week: Here Are Some Of The Highlights From The Auto Industry Last Week
- 24 hrs ago Top Bike News Of The Week: BMW F 900 R, F 900 XR, Versys 1000, BattRE Scooters Launched & More
- 1 day ago Triumph Scrambler 1200 Bond Edition Revealed: Limited To 250 Units Worldwide
- Sports Legendary hockey player Balbir Singh Sr passes away
- Lifestyle Happy Birthday Karan Johar: Stylish Looks That Proves He Has Distinctive Fashion Sense
- Finance Why Zee Entertainment Shares Could Fall On Tuesday?
- News For bicycle girl Jyoti, studying is the first priority
- Movies Eid 2020: Four Memorable Eid Releases That Bollywood Has Seen Over The Years
- Technology Moto G8 Power Lite Vs Other Budget Smartphones Under Rs. 10,000
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Jammu & Kashmir In May
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Tata HBX mini-SUV unveiled at Auto Expo 2020. Tata Motors has revealed the HBX; its smallest SUV in the lineup. The Tata HBX once launched in India will be positioned below the Nexon in the brand's portfolio.
The Tata HBX will be based on the brand's ALFA platform, similar to the Altroz hatchback. The HBX showcased at the Auto Expo 2020 is said to be a concept, although it is a near-production ready version, with an expected launch sometime by end-2020.
The Tata HBX was first showcased at the previous Auto Expo in the form of the H2X concept. The mini-SUV from Tata Motors features an upright design, with the front fascia inspired from the Harrier. This includes dual LED headlamps; the DRLs placed on top and the main headlamps cluster positioned lower down.
The HBX comes with prominent styling, with large wheel arches, character lines and a floating-roof like design incorporated as well. The Tata HBX also comes with large chunky wheels, with a premium blacked-out alloy rim design as well.
In terms of powertrain options, we expect the Tata HBX to receive the same engine options as the Altroz. This includes the 1.2-litre petrol engine, along with the manual and automatic transmission units.
However, the AMT version of the HBX could be introduced separately at a later stage. Power and torque figures are also expected to remain pretty much unchanged from that of the Altroz premium hatchback.
Moving to the cabin, the Tata HBX will share the majority of the components from the Altroz hatchback. This includes the large touchscreen infotainment system, multifunction steering wheel and the semi-digital instrument cluster; among a host of others.
Thoughts On The Tata HBX Mini-SUV Unveiled At The Auto Expo 2020
The Tata HBX will be positioned below the Nexon in the product portfolio in the Indian market. This will allow the HBX to rival the likes of the Renault Kwid and the Maruti Suzuki S-Presso. Tata Motors is going all out with its SUV assault at the Auto Expo 2020, with multiple products being showcased in the segment.