- 13 hrs ago Ather Energy To Enter Delhi Market Soon: The 450X To Be Priced Rs 15,000 Lower
- 16 hrs ago Independence Day: India’s Five Most Iconic Cars Which Changed The Landscape Of The Auto Industry
- 17 hrs ago Kia Sonet Spotted For The First Time Post It's World Premiere: Pics & Details
- 17 hrs ago MG ZS Petrol-Powered SUV Spotted Testing Ahead Of India Launch: Spy Pics & Other Details
- News Fire breaks out at hotel being used as COVID19 facility in Andhra Pradesh's Vijayawada
- Technology Indian Twitter Counterpart Koo App Available On Google Play, App Store: How To Use
- Movies Sarkaaru Vaari Paata Motion Poster To Be Unveiled By Mahesh Babu And Team Today At 9.09 AM!
- Sports Champions League: Barcelona 3-1 Napoli 4-2 agg: Messi shines as Blaugrana set up Bayern clash
- Lifestyle Dia Mirza Or Rakul Preet Singh, Whose Handloom Saree Will You Choose For The Next Formal Event?
- Finance Mukesh Ambani Is Now The World's 4th Richest; Amasses $22 Billion This Year
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Odisha In August 2020
- Education Kargil Vijay Diwas Quotes In English For Students
Japanese multinational conglomerate, Sony Corporation, dropped hat could be 'the biggest moment of the year'. The electronics and gaming giants unveiled the all-electric Sony Vision-S Concept car at the Consumer Electronic Show 2020.
The just-about unveiled Sony Vision-S Concept features design elements from German auto manufacturer Porsche, especially at the front of the car. The concept car looks fantastic, and futuristic.
The company unveiled the Vision-S Concept towards the end of its (CES) Consumer Electronic Show press conference, where its primary motive was to unveil the logo for the soon-to-be launched PlayStation 5.
The company spent a minute, maybe two at best, talking about the car before ending the press conference. There was no room for Q&A sessions and this has left many question unanswered.
All Sony said was that this prototype embodied the company's contribution to the future of mobility.
Interiors of the Sony Vision-S Concept features a dashboard-spanning screen that looks like one could watch Star Wars from a completely different perspective. The vehicle also features 33 different sensor inside and outside.
The Vision-S Concept features multiple wide screen displays, independent touch screen systems for the rear passengers, 360 degree audio, and ‘always-on' connectivity.
Sony's all-electric concept car is powered by a newly-designed EV platform that appears to have been built by automotive supplier Magna.
Sony also announced that it was making investments into LIDAR and Time-of-Flight camera technologies, all of which would contribute to the future of mobility.
The company is currently either researching & developing or manufacturing and testing high sensitivity, high definition and high dynamic range CMOS sensors that will deliver accurate object recognition, even in situations where conventionally detection is difficult.
It is also developing solid state LIDAR tech that uses highly accurate distance measurements to build a precise 3D image of real-life spaces. Sony has also invested towards sensor fusion technology that merges the capabilities of multiple sensors accurate recognition.
Time-of-Flight is an in-cabin sensing solution that use distance measurement technology to detect & recognize people and objects inside the car. This information is used to provide an optimized infotainment system that features gesture control, offers improved safety, and more comfort inside the cabin.
Thoughts About The Sony Vision-S Concept
We can't help but wonder if Sony intends to put this in to production. They're one of the largest and top manufacturers of cameras, sensors, lenses, video games, music systems, and other electronics. One can only imagine the creature comforts that Sony would install! Also, can we PlayStation inside the Vision-S?