- 3 hrs ago 2020 Hyundai Tucson Bookings Commences — All You Need To Know
- 8 hrs ago Hero Destini 125 BS6 Scooter Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 64,310
- 8 hrs ago Hyundai Verna Facelift Model Unveiled In Russia: India Bound Later This Year
- 9 hrs ago 2020 Ford Figo, Aspire & Freestyle BS6 Models Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 5.39 Lakh
- News Woman raises pro-Pak slogans at anti-CAA stir in Bengaluru in the presence of AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Movies Mujhse Shaadi Karoge Looks Like Mini Bigg Boss; Fans Trend #DontLockSanaInMSK!
- Sports Table Tennis: Double delight for Sharath Kamal as he reaches men's and mixed doubles quarters at Hungarian Open
- Lifestyle Ways To Manage Your Thyroid Naturally
- Technology Xiaomi Patents New Chip With 5G, Storage Options Together
- Finance LPG Cylinder Prices May Come Down In March: Pradhan
- Travel Top 6 Places To Visit In India To Observe Maha Shivratri!
- Education CBSE Board Exam: Explore List Of Barred Items And Which Pen To Use In Exam
Japanese multinational conglomerate, Sony Corporation, dropped hat could be 'the biggest moment of the year'. The electronics and gaming giants unveiled the all-electric Sony Vision-S Concept car at the Consumer Electronic Show 2020.
The just-about unveiled Sony Vision-S Concept features design elements from German auto manufacturer Porsche, especially at the front of the car. The concept car looks fantastic, and futuristic.
The company unveiled the Vision-S Concept towards the end of its (CES) Consumer Electronic Show press conference, where its primary motive was to unveil the logo for the soon-to-be launched PlayStation 5.
The company spent a minute, maybe two at best, talking about the car before ending the press conference. There was no room for Q&A sessions and this has left many question unanswered.
All Sony said was that this prototype embodied the company's contribution to the future of mobility.
Interiors of the Sony Vision-S Concept features a dashboard-spanning screen that looks like one could watch Star Wars from a completely different perspective. The vehicle also features 33 different sensor inside and outside.
The Vision-S Concept features multiple wide screen displays, independent touch screen systems for the rear passengers, 360 degree audio, and ‘always-on' connectivity.
Sony's all-electric concept car is powered by a newly-designed EV platform that appears to have been built by automotive supplier Magna.
Sony also announced that it was making investments into LIDAR and Time-of-Flight camera technologies, all of which would contribute to the future of mobility.
The company is currently either researching & developing or manufacturing and testing high sensitivity, high definition and high dynamic range CMOS sensors that will deliver accurate object recognition, even in situations where conventionally detection is difficult.
It is also developing solid state LIDAR tech that uses highly accurate distance measurements to build a precise 3D image of real-life spaces. Sony has also invested towards sensor fusion technology that merges the capabilities of multiple sensors accurate recognition.
Time-of-Flight is an in-cabin sensing solution that use distance measurement technology to detect & recognize people and objects inside the car. This information is used to provide an optimized infotainment system that features gesture control, offers improved safety, and more comfort inside the cabin.
Thoughts About The Sony Vision-S Concept
We can't help but wonder if Sony intends to put this in to production. They're one of the largest and top manufacturers of cameras, sensors, lenses, video games, music systems, and other electronics. One can only imagine the creature comforts that Sony would install! Also, can we PlayStation inside the Vision-S?