- 15 hrs ago Kawasaki Bikes Offers & New-Year Discounts For January 2021: Benefits Of Rs 50,000 On Select Models
- 17 hrs ago Top Bike News Of The Week: Top Two-Wheeler Stories From Previous Week In The Market
- 18 hrs ago Top Car News Of The Week: Here Are The Main Headlines From The Week Gone By!
- 1 day ago 2021 Aprilia RSV4 and RSV4 Factory Revealed: Here Is Everything You Need To Know
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 Weekend Ka Vaar January 17 Highlights: Salman Khan Reveals No One Will Be Eliminated This Week
- Sports Liverpool 0-0 Manchester United: Stalemate keeps Red Devils top of Premier League
- News Parliament panel summons Facebook and Twitter officials on Jan 21
- Technology Motorola Nio Design Tipped Via Leaked Hand-On Images; To Flaunt Dual-Slefie Camera Module
- Lifestyle 28 Best Foods To Lower Cholesterol
- Finance 3 Housing Finance Stocks That Can Generate Solid Returns
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In January
- Education Bihar Board 12th Admit Card 2021, Download BSEB Intermediate Admit Card 2021 at biharboardonline.com
Czech auto manufacturer Skoda has announced that its Student Car Project has produced its seventh model - a Skoda Scala based Slavia roadster.
The Slavia is the Student Car Project's flagship build, although the vehicle will not go into series production. The car has been built by students from the company's school of mechanical engineering that trains students across multiple disciplines to help them start their career at Skoda.
This year's batch of student builders chose to modify a Skoda Scala into a sporty spider. Thirty one students participated in this year's student build at Skoda's facility in the Czech Republic.
Named after bicycles that were manufactured by the brand's founders, the Slavia's design is inspired by Skoda's 1100 OHC sports prototype from 1957. The 1100 OHC was omnm open top, two-seater that was specifically built for endurance races and rallies.
The modified Scala features a reinforced underbody and welded rear doors. The model has been modified to be a two-seater that features a custom made rear seat cover that has speedster-styled humps, and a new rear spoiler.
The vehicle also features 20-inch alloy wheels that are present on the Skoda Kodiaq vRS model and its braking system from the Octavia vRS. The Slavia also features a modified exhaust system.
The vehicle is finished in White Crystal Blue Pearlescent paint with neon blue highlights. The door sills feature programmable LED lights that show off the country's red, white, and blue flag colours.
Interiors feature perforated leather Sparco racing seats with four-point seat belts, leather trims across the interiors, a dual-tone steering wheel, and a leather shelf that has two lions embroidered on it to house two bass speakers.
As is, there isn't any information about any modifications done to the engine of the Skoda Scala that was used as a donor vehicle for the Slavia build.
The Scala models feature 1.0-litre and 1.5-litre petrol engines that produce between 95bhp and 148bhp of power, and between 175Nm and 250Nm of torque.
The vehicle has been designed as a family car, and has been based on the brand's Vision RS Concept vehicle. The vehicle was unveiled in 2018, and sales officially began in April 2019. Skoda does not sell the model in India just yet.
Thoughts About The Skoda Slavia Built By Skoda's Student Car Project
This has got to be the best modifications we've seen on a car. Of course, the students had a major advantage by having Skoda back the project, but the job done speaks volumes about the brand, its interest in developing young talent, and its dedication to build better cars in the future. Good stuff Skoda!