- 2 min ago Top Car News Of The Week: Here Are The Top Four-Wheeler News From The First Week Of December
- 12 hrs ago Top Bike News Of The Week: Important Highlights In Two-Wheeler Segment From Previous Week
- 14 hrs ago 2021 Jeep Compass Facelift Spied Testing Ahead Of Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- 14 hrs ago Made-in-India Renault Kwid Scores 2 Stars Global NCAP Safety Rating In Africa
- Technology Xiaomi Mi 11 Concept Render Hits The Web: Triple Rear Cameras And More
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 Weekend Ka Vaar December 5 Highlights: Nikki Tamboli Gets Eliminated From The House In Mid-Season Finale
- Sports F1 2020: Bottas and Russell share front row in Hamilton's absence
- News Opposition parties extend support to Bharat Bandh by farmer unions; Protests in several states
- Education DU 7th Cut-off 2020 Released, Check Stream-wise Cut-off At du.ac.in
- Lifestyle Congratulatory Messages, Wishes & Quotes To Share On The Birth Of A Baby Boy
- Finance Income Tax Benefits To Very Senior Citizens: Know Them
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Madhya Pradesh In December
The XUV500 has been around in the Indian market for more than a decade. The company has continuously been updating the XUV500's design and engines over the years. The all-new next-generation XUV500 was snapped testing on the Indian roads earlier this month, post the lockdown ease.
However, as per the pictures clicked by Rushlane, the second-generation 2021MY XUV500 was spotted testing in Attibele, near Karnataka-Tamil Nadu border. As seen in the pictures, the SUV is covered under heavy wraps, but from its overall dimensions and silhouette, the vehicle can be recognised easily.
The XUV500, as seen in the spy pics, is running on steel wheels, which tells us that this one could be a lower variant. The second-generation Mahindra XUV500 will come with an all-new monocoque platform and will also be loaded with a host of updates and added features, along with significant changes to its design and styling as well which is not clearly visible through the wraps).
As far as the engine is concerned, Mahindra is expected to introduce the new-gen XUV500 with a new 2.0-litre mStallian turbo-petrol engine and a 2.2-litre diesel unit. Both of them will come with the choice of either manual or automatic transmission units.
In other recent Mahindra news, the 2020 Mahindra Thar will be available with an optional automatic transmission. Mahindra is expected to launch the new-generation Thar in September 2020. The new-gen SUV was expected to arrive much earlier in the country, however, due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, the launch had to be delayed.
On the inside, the new Thar will feature a fresh design that will also include a new floating touchscreen infotainment system that supports Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, a semi-digital new instrument cluster that features two analogue dials placed on either side of MID, an automatic climate control system, a new steering wheel design with mounted controls, forward-facing rear-seats, a folding key fob and many more.
Mechanically, we expect the new Thar to be powered by a 2.2-litre turbo-diesel unit and a new 2.0-litre ‘TGDi mStallion' turbo-petrol engine that was showcased at the 2020 Auto Expo. Both engines are expected to come mated to a six-speed manual transmission with a low-ratio gearbox as standard.
Thoughts About The 2021 Mahindra XUV500
The previous generation Mahindra XUV500 has been one of the favourite SUVs in the Indian market. The second-generation Mahindra XUV500 will bring with it a host of features and modern technology. Once launched it will rival the Hyundai Tucson, MG Hector Plus and Tata Gravitas.