- 6 hrs ago Top-Selling Bikes In India (May 2021): Hero Splendor & Hero HF Deluxe Take Top Two Spots
- 10 hrs ago Fast & Furious Toyota Supra Auctioned For Rs 4.07 Crore; Becomes Most-Expensive Supra
- 15 hrs ago Yamaha FZ-X Accessories Price List: Order Official Factory-Fitted Parts Online
- 17 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq India Launch: 1.5-litre Variant To Arrive In August — Details
- Technology Last Week Most Trending Smartphones: OnePlus Nord CE 5G, Poco X3 Pro, Honor 50 Pro, Redmi Note 10 Pro And More
- News Punjab Cong infighting: Amarinder Singh in Delhi for another round of talks with AICC panel
- Movies Beast Second Look Out: Thalapathy Vijay's Deadly Look Is A Perfect Birthday Treat For Fans
- Sports Euro 2020: North Macedonia 0-3 Netherlands: Depay, Wijnaldum on fire as classy Oranje make history in easy win
- Finance These Nifty Stocks Gave The Highest Dividend In FY21
- Education Bihar STET Result 2021 For Urdu, Sanskrit And Science Released At bsebstet2019.in
- Lifestyle Swara Bhasker Flaunts A Pink Chikankari Kurta Set; Perfect For Stay-At-Home Festive Occasions
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In August
Hyundai will be launching a new-gen model of the Elite i20 hatchback in the Indian market. According to the latest report, the company is gearing up to launch the new-gen i20 sometime in the first week of November.
The report from Cardekho also suggests that dealers have begun accepting pre-launch bookings for the 2020 Hyundai i20 unofficially for a token amount of Rs 25,000. The new-gen i20 was spotted arriving at dealerships recently as well, which adds to the launch speculations of the premium hatchback in the country.
The new-generation i20 has undergone a complete design revision and now looks much more aggressive and sleek as compared to the old-gen model. It has also been equipped with a host of features to help compete against its segment rivals.
The hatchback is expected to be available in a host of variants along with plenty of engine and transmission combination to suit every buyer in the segment. The company is also expected to offer the new-gen i20 in monotone and dual-tone paint schemes.
The new-gen i20 will feature an all-new design that looks aggressive as compared to the styling on the current-model. It features a new cascading grille, sleek-looking headlamps, a light bar connecting the new wrap-around split tail lamps. The hatchback will also feature a new dual-tone alloy-wheel design, which can be seen from the images as well.
On the inside, Hyundai has packed the new i20's interior with the latest technology and a host of added features. This includes a new dashboard design, two 10.25-inch displays for the instrument cluster, and touchscreen infotainment system, respectively.
The touchscreen infotainment system supports Android Auto and Apple Carplay and the brand's latest ‘BlueLink' connected technology. The upcoming i20 could borrow its connected technology from the Hyundai Venue with the same set of 33 commands featured on the compact-SUV.
Other features that are expected on the new-generation i20 includes automatic climate control, rear AC vents, smartphone wireless charging, leather upholstery, a D-cut steering wheel with mounted controls for audio, cruise control function and more.
The new Hyundai i20 is expected to be offered with three engine options. This includes a 1.0-litre turbo petrol engine, a 1.2-litre petrol unit and the 1.5-litre diesel unit.
The engines are expected to come mated to a five-speed manual gearbox as standard, with optional CVT offered on the 1.2-litre petrol, and a torque converter unit on the 1.5-litre diesel. The 1.0-litre turbo petrol unit could be offered with both six-speed iMT and the seven-speed DCT as well.
Thoughts About The 2020 Hyundai i20 India Launch Expected Timeline Revealed
Hyundai is looking to launch its popular hatchback model, the i20 during the festive season in India. It should help boost sales for the brand and also will be a new product offering for the festive season in the country. The new-gen i20 will continue to rival the Tata Altroz, the Honda Jazz and the Maruti Suzuki Baleno; among others in the market.