- 1 hr ago New Mahindra Scorpio Spied Testing In Desert Ahead Of India Launch: Pics & Details
- 3 hrs ago 2021 Andalucia Rally Final Results: Hero MotoSports Finishes 4th Overall In The Road To Dakar Rally
- 5 hrs ago TVS Ntorq 125 Sales Cross 1 Lakh Units Mark In International Markets: New Milestone Achieved!
- 6 hrs ago Honda Two Wheelers Extends Warranty & Free Service Period In India Due To Covid-19
- News Landfall process of cyclone Tauktae started; Will continue next 2 hours: IMD
- Sports ICC dismisses Al Jazeera's match-fixing claims
- Movies Ekta Kapoor Tapped Stories Beyond Urban Cities With Show, The Married Woman
- Education Calcutta University Result 2021 Declared For BA And BSc Odd Semester
- Technology Oppo Reno6 5G Live Images Surface; iPhone 12 Ripoff?
- Finance Facebook To Come Up With Its Own Cryptocurrency Diem In 2021
- Lifestyle Dexamethasone Vs Methylprednisolone In COVID-19 Treatment: Which Drug Is Better?
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In May
BMW has globally unveiled their first-ever all-electric SUV, the iX. The all-new all-electric BMW iX SUV will be the brand's latest flagship model, once it enters production sometime next year. The new BMW iX comes with a new platform, design language and a host of connected tech as well.
The all-new BMW iX is said to have a length and width identical to a X5, the height being equal to the X6 and the wheel size of the X7. The new iX keeping in line with the brand's latest design language features the massive kidney-grille, which first debuted on the M3 and M4 models recently.
The large kidney grille on the BMW iX also serves the purpose of housing all the intelligent drives assistance technology and systems available on the electric SUV. This includes the radar system, sensors and cameras.
The design of the new BMW iX is minimalistic, with a more future-oriented styling. The new iX also debut's the brand's newest scalable architecture. It uses an aluminium space-frame and a carbon cage for torsional stiffness, all while reducing the overall weight.
The minimalist design on the new BMW iX continues to the interiors of the electric SUV as well. The cabin of the new iX feels futuristic and features a new hexagonal steering wheel. The can also comes with a continuous curved screen which features both the instrument cluster and the large 15-inch touchscreen infotainment system; among a host of others.
Domagoj Dukec, Vice President, BMW Design, stated,
"We designed the BMW iX from the inside out. In the process, we took particular care to create a modern, warm and minimalist interior design with a very spacious feel. The monolithic design with few, very precise lines demonstrates character and gives the car a modern appearance. The BMW iX is bold and yet clean and elegant."
BMW states that the new iX electric SUV uses the brand's fifth-generation powertrain, comprising of two electric motors; producing combined power figures of 503bhp. The BMW iX is said to be capable of offering a maximum range of 600 kilometres on a single charge as per the European WLTP cycle. However, since the car is still in its development stages, actual range at the time of launch might vary.
BMW also claims that the iX electric SUV is capable of charging up to 70 per cent in 40 minutes, using a 200kW fast-charger. It also states that a minute of charge can add a range of 120km on the iX.
Frank Weber, Member of the Board of Management, BMW AG, Development, stated:
"We are setting new industry standards with the technology in the BMW iX. The iX has more computing power for data processing and more powerful sensor technology than the newest vehicles in our current line-up, is 5G-capable, will be given new and improved automated driving and parking functions and uses the high-performing fifth generation of our electric drive system."
BMW has announced that production for the iX electric SUV will begin at its Dingolfing facility, Germany during the second-half of next year, before going on sale in developed markets by late-2021. There is no word yet about whether or not BMW will bring the iX to India, although if it does it will be sometime in 2022.
Thoughts About The BMW iX Electric SUV
The BMW iX is the brand's all-new all-electric flagship SUV. Once launched internationally, the new BMW iX will take on the likes of the Mercedes-Benz EQC, Audi e-Tron and the Jaguar I-Pace.