- 4 hrs ago Top-Selling Bikes In India (May 2021): Hero Splendor & Hero HF Deluxe Take Top Two Spots
- 7 hrs ago Fast & Furious Toyota Supra Auctioned For Rs 4.07 Crore; Becomes Most-Expensive Supra
- 13 hrs ago Yamaha FZ-X Accessories Price List: Order Official Factory-Fitted Parts Online
- 15 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq India Launch: 1.5-litre Variant To Arrive In August — Details
- Technology Last Week Most Trending Smartphones: OnePlus Nord CE 5G, Poco X3 Pro, Honor 50 Pro, Redmi Note 10 Pro And More
- News Punjab Cong infighting: Amarinder Singh in Delhi for another round of talks with AICC panel
- Movies Beast Second Look Out: Thalapathy Vijay's Deadly Look Is A Perfect Birthday Treat For Fans
- Sports Euro 2020: North Macedonia 0-3 Netherlands: Depay, Wijnaldum on fire as classy Oranje make history in easy win
- Finance These Nifty Stocks Gave The Highest Dividend In FY21
- Education Bihar STET Result 2021 For Urdu, Sanskrit And Science Released At bsebstet2019.in
- Lifestyle Swara Bhasker Flaunts A Pink Chikankari Kurta Set; Perfect For Stay-At-Home Festive Occasions
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In August
Mercedes-Benz India showcased its entry-level sedan model at the 2020 Auto Expo earlier this year called the A-Class Limousine. The new model was expected to be launched right after its showcase at the expo in the Indian market.
However, the A-Class Limousine's arrival into the Indian market has been delayed due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic. According to the latest report from Autocar India, the company is now looking to launch the A-Class sedan by the end of October 2020 in the country.
The report also suggests that Mercedes-Benz would be looking to launch the flagship AMG A35 sedan variant, Initially. The standard petrol and diesel models are expected to be launched at a later date.
This A-Class AMG A35 features an aggressive front bumper, larger side skirts, bigger alloy wheels as compared to standard models. Other additions include a rear diffuser with a boot-lip spoiler and chrome exhaust tips; among others.
On the inside, it follows signature AMG theme with bucket seats, a sporty steering wheel with mounted controls and paddle shifters, a fully-digital instrument console and most of all a blacked-out colour scheme.
The AMG model also receives a premium Burmester surround sound system, LED ambient lighting, a large sunroof and two 10.25-inch screens for infotainment and instrumentation. The sedan also comes equipped with brand's latest MBUX AI assistance with connected technology and more.
Powering the AMG A35 will be a 2.0-litre turbo-petrol engine producing a maximum of 304bhp and a peak torque of 400Nm. The engine comes mated to a seven-speed dual-clutch transmission with power going to the front wheels.
Standard petrol and diesel models more or less come equipped with all the features as seen on the AMG version. However, it will feature lower-size wheels with less aggressive exterior design. On the inside, the standard versions of the A-Class Limousine will offer normal seating instead of the sporty bucket-style on the AMG trim.
The standard A-Class sedan is expected to be offered with two engine options: the ‘A 200' powered by a 1.3-litre turbo-petrol engine producing 162bhp and the ‘A 180d' powered by a 1.5-litre diesel motor producing 115bhp. Both engines are offered with either a six-speed manual or a seven-speed DCT transmission.
Thoughts About The Mercedes-Benz A-Class India Launch Expected By End Of October
The Mercedes-Benz A-Class will the brand's newest entry-level sedan model when launched in the market. The A-Class Limousine will rival against the recently launched BMW 2-Series Gran Coupe and the upcoming Audi A2; among others in the Indian market.