- 2 hrs ago Yamaha YZF-R7 Teaser Video Released: Replacement For The Yamaha R6
- 2 hrs ago Isuzu MU-X, D-Max V-Cross & Hi-Lander BS6 Cars Expected To Launch Next Week: Details
- 3 hrs ago Pratap Bose To Head Mahindra's New Global Design Centre? Here's Everything You Need To Know!
- 5 hrs ago Mahindra XUV700 Spied Testing Ahead Of Its India Launch: Here Are All The Details!
- Movies Rakhi Sawant Predicts Khatron Ke Khiladi 11 Winner; Wonders Why Rahul Vaidya Is Participating
- News Coronavirus cases: Sri Lanka records first case of Indian variant of COVID-19
- Finance SBI, ICICI Bank And PNB Issue Important Alerts: Check Here
- Lifestyle Tere Naam And M.S. Dhoni Actress Bhumika Chawla Exudes Soothing Vibes With Her Latest Outfit
- Education Mother’s Day 2021: Some Beautiful Quotes To Express Love For Your Mother
- Technology BSNL Removes Installation Charges From All Services: Know Why
- Sports COVID-19: Rahane receives first dose of vaccine
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In May
Maruti Suzuki has announced that the Super Carry (LCV) Light Commercial Vehicle has crossed 70,000 units in sales. The Maruti Suzuki Super Carry has achieved a new milestone for the brand's commercial vehicle segment in the country.
The company first launched the Super Carry mini truck back in 2016. In the year 2017, the company added the S-CNG variant to the LCV's line-up. The new CNG variant of the Super Carry helps the brand's ‘Mission Green Million' programme.
Maruti Suzuki currently sells the Super Carry across 235 cities with over 320 commercial outlets. The company reports that the LCV has recorded a market share of 15 per cent in FY19-20 and nearly 20 per cent in FY20-21.
The Super Carry owners vouch for its qualities like best-in-segment power, mileage, easy maintenance, comfort and high deck load capacity, which helps enhance their profitability, says Maruti Suzuki. They also state that their LCV is a practical offering and is used across multiple applications including E-Commerce, Courier, FMCG and goods distribution; among others.
The Maruti Suzuki Super Carry comes powered by a four-cylinder 1196cc engine. The petrol-powered model produces a maximum of 72bhp at 6000rpm and a peak torque of 98Nm at 3000rpm.
In addition to this, the company also offers a factory-fitted CNG kit. The same engine in the CNG mode produces a maximum of 64bhp at 6000rpm and a peak torque of 85Nm at 3000rpm. The engine comes mated to a five-speed gearbox.
According to the company, the factory-fitted CNG vehicles enjoy benefits such as Maruti Suzuki's warranty and service assistance across India. Apart from this, customers will also be saving a lot of money as the CNG vehicles return more mileage.
The Super Carry is offered in a chassis configuration for the petrol-only models. Other features include reverse parking sensors, seat-belt reminders, a lockable glovebox, large loading deck and many more.
Speaking on the milestone, Mr Shashank Srivastava, Executive Director (Marketing & Sales), Maruti Suzuki India Limited, said, "Specifically engineered for the Indian mini-truck customer who values superior mileage, Super Carry has fulfilled its promises. Being the 1st LCV launched with a BS6 petrol variant offering a powerful 1196cc 4 cylinder engine, it has found wide acceptance."
He further added, "Super Carry has created a niche for itself within a short span and has become the second best-selling Mini-Truck in the Light Commercial Vehicle Market. The diverse customer base stands testament for the success of Super Carry. We take this opportunity to thank all our trusted buyers for their unflinching support to reach this milestone."
Thoughts About The Maruti Suzuki Super Carry Crossing 70,000 Units In Sales
The Maruti Suzuki Super Carry is the only commercial vehicle catering to the goods carrying segment from the brand. It has achieved a new milestone for the brand because of its simple design and efficient engine. The Maruti Suzuki Super Carry rivals the Tata Ace and the Mahindra Jeeto; among others in the Indian market.