- 8 min ago Honda Cruiser Motorcycle Likely To Be Called H’Ness: Details Revealed Ahead Of Launch
- 1 hr ago Maruti Suzuki Subscription Launched For New Cars In Delhi, NCR & Bangalore
- 2 hrs ago Benelli Imperiale 400 Finance Scheme Announced In India: Low EMI Offer
- 17 hrs ago Okinawa Oki100 Electric Motorcycle Details Revealed: To Be Launched During Festive Season This Year
- Finance SBI Warns Customers Against Fake E-mails: Here's What To Do
- Technology Jio Postpaid Plan Effect: Airtel, Vodafone-Idea Might Join Hands With Leading OTT Players
- News Kerala man tests positive for Covid-19 thrice in 6 months
- Movies Rakul Preet Singh And Deepika Padukone's manager Karishma Prakash Arrive At NCB Office
- Sports Sunil Gavaskar in soup after brash comment on Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma, fans want him removed
- Education MPSOS Result 2020 Declared For Class 10 And Class 12 Ruk Jana Nahi August Exams
- Lifestyle Khaali Peeli: Ananya Panday Flaunts Her Western As Well As Desi Looks In The Trailer
- Travel Top 10 Places To Visit In October To Welcome The Beginning Of Winter
Maruti Suzuki has announced its sales figures for the month of August 2020. As per the sales report, Maruti Suzuki is said to have registered a growth of 17.1% in its yearly sales for the month of August 2020.
The car manufacturer announced 124,624 units of total sales in the month of August 2020. This is higher than its 106,413 units of sales during the same month of 2019. This includes both domestic and export sales over the past month.
Coming to just the domestic market, Maruti Suzuki registered 116,704 units of sales, including the 1,379 units of sales to other OEMs. The company registered a growth of 20.2 per cent in total domestic sales in the month of August 2020. During the same month of 2019, sales were marginally low at 94,728 units.
Majority of the domestic sales came from Maruti Suzuki's compact hatchback segment. This segment accounted for 61,956 units out of the total 113,033 units of domestic passenger vehicle sales in the last month. The compact-hatchback segment include models such as the WagonR, Swift, Celerio, Ignis, Baleno, Tour S and Dzire.
Following the compact hatchback segment is the utility vehicles, which registered the second-highest sales of 21,030 units. This segment consists of the Gypsy, Ertiga, S-Cross, Vitara Brezza and the XL6.
Export sales for Maruti Suzuki, however, took a hit. The company registered a decline of 15.3% from 9,352 units in August 2019 to 7,920 units in the previous month.
Talking about the FY quarter period between April 2020 - August 2020, Maruti Suzuki registered a drop of 50% in sales. The company fell from 562,923 units of sales in 2019-20 to 281,460 units of sales during the same period this year.
Thoughts On The Maruti Suzuki Car Sales Report For August 2020
Maruti Suzuki has managed to quickly recover their sales in the Indian market, after what has been a ‘difficult' year. Sales and demand for personal vehicles have managed to not only recover but also improve compared to pre-COVID levels, with the festive season giving the additional boost.