- 13 hrs ago Kawasaki Bikes Offers & New-Year Discounts For January 2021: Benefits Of Rs 50,000 On Select Models
- 15 hrs ago Top Bike News Of The Week: Top Two-Wheeler Stories From Previous Week In The Market
- 16 hrs ago Top Car News Of The Week: Here Are The Main Headlines From The Week Gone By!
- 1 day ago 2021 Aprilia RSV4 and RSV4 Factory Revealed: Here Is Everything You Need To Know
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 Weekend Ka Vaar January 17 Highlights: Salman Khan Reveals No One Will Be Eliminated This Week
- Sports Liverpool 0-0 Manchester United: Stalemate keeps Red Devils top of Premier League
- News Parliament panel summons Facebook and Twitter officials on Jan 21
- Technology Motorola Nio Design Tipped Via Leaked Hand-On Images; To Flaunt Dual-Slefie Camera Module
- Lifestyle 28 Best Foods To Lower Cholesterol
- Finance 3 Housing Finance Stocks That Can Generate Solid Returns
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In January
- Education Bihar Board 12th Admit Card 2021, Download BSEB Intermediate Admit Card 2021 at biharboardonline.com
Maruti Suzuki has announced its sales figures for the month of August 2020. As per the sales report, Maruti Suzuki is said to have registered a growth of 17.1% in its yearly sales for the month of August 2020.
The car manufacturer announced 124,624 units of total sales in the month of August 2020. This is higher than its 106,413 units of sales during the same month of 2019. This includes both domestic and export sales over the past month.
Coming to just the domestic market, Maruti Suzuki registered 116,704 units of sales, including the 1,379 units of sales to other OEMs. The company registered a growth of 20.2 per cent in total domestic sales in the month of August 2020. During the same month of 2019, sales were marginally low at 94,728 units.
Majority of the domestic sales came from Maruti Suzuki's compact hatchback segment. This segment accounted for 61,956 units out of the total 113,033 units of domestic passenger vehicle sales in the last month. The compact-hatchback segment include models such as the WagonR, Swift, Celerio, Ignis, Baleno, Tour S and Dzire.
Following the compact hatchback segment is the utility vehicles, which registered the second-highest sales of 21,030 units. This segment consists of the Gypsy, Ertiga, S-Cross, Vitara Brezza and the XL6.
Export sales for Maruti Suzuki, however, took a hit. The company registered a decline of 15.3% from 9,352 units in August 2019 to 7,920 units in the previous month.
Talking about the FY quarter period between April 2020 - August 2020, Maruti Suzuki registered a drop of 50% in sales. The company fell from 562,923 units of sales in 2019-20 to 281,460 units of sales during the same period this year.
Thoughts On The Maruti Suzuki Car Sales Report For August 2020
Maruti Suzuki has managed to quickly recover their sales in the Indian market, after what has been a ‘difficult' year. Sales and demand for personal vehicles have managed to not only recover but also improve compared to pre-COVID levels, with the festive season giving the additional boost.