- 11 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki S-Presso CNG Variant Production Beings: India Launch Expected Soon
- 13 hrs ago Jeep Compass Facelift Global Unveil Set To June 4: Here Are All The Details
- 15 hrs ago 2020 Mercedes-AMG GT-R Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 2.48 Crore
- 16 hrs ago New Mercedes-AMG C 63 Coupe Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 1.33 Crore
- Finance BPCL Launches Whatsapp Facility For Booking Cooking Gas: Here's How To Do?
- Technology TikTok App Download For JioPhone: How To Install TikTok App In JioPhone
- News Mumbai: 25 rescued after fire breaks out at Hotel Fortune on Marine Lines
- Movies Prithviraj's Aadujeevitham: Here's Everything You Need To Know About The Next Schedule!
- Lifestyle Did You Know That Talking To Yourself Can Reduce Stress? The Benefits Of Positive Self-talk
- Sports Dravid says non-contracted and U-19 players have received mental health lessons in lockdown
- Travel 12 Best Places To Visit In South India In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
England based Mahindra Racing has announced that both its FIA Formula E Championship drivers, Pascal Wehrlein and Jerome d'Ambrosio, will participate at the Formula E Race at Home Challenge - Formula E's version of virtual races.
The #94 and #64 racers, Wehrlein and d'Ambrosio will participate in a one-lap qualifying session. The qualifying session will follow Formula E's four group format, with each group consisting of six drivers. The race will follow a ‘Race Royale' battle format.
After lights out on the race, one driver will be eliminated after every lap until only ten remain. To top 10 drivers will then have one lap to sprint to the finish. Points will be awarded according to the standard system - 25, 18, 15, 12, 10, 8, 6, 4, 2, and 1. One point will be awarded to the driver who sets the fastest lap, and one point for the driver who takes the Julius Baer Pole Position. The ultimate prize however, is to be crowned the inaugural ABB Formula E Sim Series Champion.
The Hong Kong ePrix street circuit has been chosen as the venue, and will feature 23 Formula E professional racers. The race is scheduled for 25 April.
Mahindra Racing is the only Indian team to compete in the FIA Formula E Championship - the world's first all-electric street racing series. They have been racing in the series since 2014 and have a list of notable drivers since — Karun Chandok, Bruno Senna, Nick Heidfeld, Felix Rosenqvist, Pascal Wehrlein, and Jerome d'Ambrosio.
Mahindra Racing also has a fantastic sponsors list that include Alpinestars, Pininfarina, Shell, Nippon Audio, Rockfort Engineering, and Tech Mahindra.
Mahindra Racing was previously involved in the FIM MotoGP World Motorcycle Racing Championship Series in the 125cc Two-Stroke class, and the Moto3 (250cc four-stroke) class that replaced it.
The team created history at the 2013 Malaysian Grand Prix taking the first-ever podium finish for an Indian constructor in the MotoGP World Championship Series and finished third in the Constructors' Championship.
Thoughts About Mahindra Racing Participating In The FIA Formula E Race At Home Challenge
Mahindra Racing has been actively involved in some form of motor racing over the last decade. We feel pride in knowing that an Indian brand runs its own racing team, and at Formula E nonetheless. We wish both Wehrlein and d'Ambrosio the best of luck. May the Gods of Electric Racing be on your side!