- 1 hr ago Tata Nexon Low EMI Scheme Introduced In India: Finance Offers & Other Details
- 2 hrs ago 2020 Hyundai i20 Spotted Testing Ahead Of Launch In India: Spy Pics & Other Details
- 4 hrs ago Tata Altroz Turbo Petrol Engine Specs Leaked Ahead Of Launch: Expected Pricing & Other Details
- 5 hrs ago Skoda Superb Sportline Road Test Review: One Of The Best Looking Luxury Sedans In The Market
- News Unlock 5.0 guidelines: Here is what to expect
- Technology Xiaomi Mi Smart Band 5 Launched In India For Rs. 2,499
- Movies Varun Dhawan To Start Shooting For Raj Mehta's Romantic Comedy
- Lifestyle 9 Effective Essential Oils For Relieving Headaches And Migraine
- Finance Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders IPO: Retail Portion Subscribed Fully On Day 1
- Sports Coronavirus: Bangladesh's tour of Sri Lanka put off once again
- Education CLAT Answer Key 2020: Download UG & PG Question Paper And Provisional Answer Keys
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Himachal Pradesh In October 2020
England based Mahindra Racing has announced that both its FIA Formula E Championship drivers, Pascal Wehrlein and Jerome d'Ambrosio, will participate at the Formula E Race at Home Challenge - Formula E's version of virtual races.
The #94 and #64 racers, Wehrlein and d'Ambrosio will participate in a one-lap qualifying session. The qualifying session will follow Formula E's four group format, with each group consisting of six drivers. The race will follow a ‘Race Royale' battle format.
After lights out on the race, one driver will be eliminated after every lap until only ten remain. To top 10 drivers will then have one lap to sprint to the finish. Points will be awarded according to the standard system - 25, 18, 15, 12, 10, 8, 6, 4, 2, and 1. One point will be awarded to the driver who sets the fastest lap, and one point for the driver who takes the Julius Baer Pole Position. The ultimate prize however, is to be crowned the inaugural ABB Formula E Sim Series Champion.
The Hong Kong ePrix street circuit has been chosen as the venue, and will feature 23 Formula E professional racers. The race is scheduled for 25 April.
Mahindra Racing is the only Indian team to compete in the FIA Formula E Championship - the world's first all-electric street racing series. They have been racing in the series since 2014 and have a list of notable drivers since — Karun Chandok, Bruno Senna, Nick Heidfeld, Felix Rosenqvist, Pascal Wehrlein, and Jerome d'Ambrosio.
Mahindra Racing also has a fantastic sponsors list that include Alpinestars, Pininfarina, Shell, Nippon Audio, Rockfort Engineering, and Tech Mahindra.
Mahindra Racing was previously involved in the FIM MotoGP World Motorcycle Racing Championship Series in the 125cc Two-Stroke class, and the Moto3 (250cc four-stroke) class that replaced it.
The team created history at the 2013 Malaysian Grand Prix taking the first-ever podium finish for an Indian constructor in the MotoGP World Championship Series and finished third in the Constructors' Championship.
Thoughts About Mahindra Racing Participating In The FIA Formula E Race At Home Challenge
Mahindra Racing has been actively involved in some form of motor racing over the last decade. We feel pride in knowing that an Indian brand runs its own racing team, and at Formula E nonetheless. We wish both Wehrlein and d'Ambrosio the best of luck. May the Gods of Electric Racing be on your side!