- 44 min ago Maruti Suzuki Service Network Reaches Over 4,000 Touchpoints In India: Here Are All Details
- 13 hrs ago 2021 Renault Triber Changes Leaked Ahead Of India Launch: Updates & Feature Additions
- 16 hrs ago Citroen C5 Aircross Pre-Bookings Begin In India Ahead Of Launch This Month: Here Are All Details
- 16 hrs ago Renault Delivers Over 1100 Units Of the Kiger SUV Across India On The First Day: Here Are The Details
- News Pakistan’s COVID-19 death toll breaches 13,000
- Sports Kieron Pollard hits six 6s in an over to follow Yuvraj, Gibbs into the record books
- Finance Gold Price Below Rs. 45000; Higher Yield Continues To Weigh
- Technology Most Rated Samsung Smartphones On Amazon In India
- Movies Vivian Dsena To Re-Enter Shakti - Astitva Ke Ehsaas Ki In A Powerful Cameo Role?
- Education Monthly Scholarship Of Rs 7000 For Class 11 And 12 Students
- Lifestyle Roohi Promotions: Rajkummar Rao Looks Dapper As Ever In His Lemon Yellow Kurta Set
- Travel Top Summer Holiday Destinations in India
A Mahindra Bolero that has been modified by Kerala based custom auto builders Ojes Automobiles, features a porta-potty that is meant to come in handy while travelling over long distances.
*Image Courtesy: Manorama Online
The custom builders have designed a portable toilet specific to the Mahindra Bolero. The foldable seats at the third row have been removed to accommodate the modification.
While this reduces space for luggage, and limits the number of passengers, modifications are such that the OEM third row seats can be reinstalled at any time.
The portable toilet in this Bolero features a touch based flush control system. The set up uses a 12V motor that is powered by the Mahindra's battery in order to initiate a flush operation.
Other elements added while making the modifications are two aluminum tanks, one for fresh water, and the other for disposal. The tanks are also connected to an outlet fitted behind the left front wheel of the car, making it easier to clean out both tanks.
In addition, the toilet in the boot also has provisions for a hand wash, towers and hand sanitisers. There's also a set of opaque curtains that help with privacy.
Ojes Automobiles has imported the western styled pot, and say it can be fitted in any vehicle that measures 40-inches from floor to roof. The cost of the pot stands at Rs 65,000.
Ojes Automobiles is well known in the customisation markets, and boasts of superstar clientele like Mammootty and Prithviraj. The brand has been modifying vehicles for a while now and are primarily involved with caravan customisation.
They are specialists and the go-to guys for modifications involving ATM vans, vanity vans, ambulances, and mobile home. Interestingly, none of their mods have required any changes to the core structure of the vehicles.
Thoughts About The Portable Toilet In A Mahindra Bolero
While the concept is good, we're not convinced that anyone would want a portable toilet in the boot of their SUV. We can't wrap our heads around this one at all! We also fear this setup will make for a rather deadly Mexican gas-chamber considering one doesn't see any ventilation at the rear end. Literally.