- 3 hrs ago HRC Sign Pol Espargaro For 2021: Alex Marquez Moved To LCR Honda With 2-Year Contract Extension
- 5 hrs ago Kia Sonet World Premiere To Be Held In India Next Month: Here Are All The Details
- 6 hrs ago Honda Introduces ‘Unused Vehicle’ Campaign For Unsold BS4 Two Wheelers
- 10 hrs ago Bajaj Announces Second Price Hike For Select Models After BS6 Update: Here Is The New Price List
- News Trump administration rescinds rule on foreign students
- Movies Mammootty's The Priest: The Team Makes A Major Announcement!
- Sports 30 former South Africa cricketers issue statement supporting Black Lives Matter movement
- Technology OnePlus Nord To Feature 105-Degree Wide-Angle Selfie Camera; Company Confirms
- Lifestyle 9 Effective Home Remedies To Whiten Dark Feet
- Finance Walmart Raises Stake In Flipkart
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Rajasthan In July
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
Land Rover unveiled the iconic off-roader, Defender, in an all-new avatar at the 2019 Frankfurt motor show. The SUV was launched in the Indian market earlier this year at a starting price of Rs 69.99 lakh, ex-showroom. The new Land Rover Defender will be offered in both the 90 (3-door) and 110 (5-door) variants in the Indian market.
According to the latest report by Autocar India, the company has chosen to contain all orders for the 3-door Defender 90 for the time being. Adrian Mardell, chief financial officer, Jaguar Land Rover mentioned that the Defender 90 has been put on hold as the company wants the (5-door) 110 gets an appropriate launch. Adrian also confirmed that the company will open up the Defender 90 in the second quarter of FY 21. He also mentioned that the Defender has got more than 22,000 orders.
The new Defender will be offered in five trim levels that includes the base, S, SE, HSE and the top-spec First Edition for both variants. All variants and trims, however, will come packed with a host of features and accessories, allowing customers to customise their Defender accordingly.
The new Land Rover Defender comes with a host of premium and luxury features and equipment, which includes connectivity technology with OTA (over-the-air) updates, 10-inch touchscreen infotainment system, 12.3-inch fully-digital instrument cluster, heads-up display and many more.
Powering the Defender is a 2.0-litre four-cylinder, petrol BS6 engine. The unit produces 292bhp of power and 400Nm of peak torque and is paired with a standard automatic transmission unit. However, Land Rover could bring in a larger and more powerful 3.0-litre petrol engine on the Defender at a later stage as well.
The new Defender is capable of carrying a maximum payload capacity of 900kg, water wading depth of 900mm and a towing capacity of 3.2 tonnes. The air suspension system on the new Defender SUV can raise itself by 145mm during extreme off-roading. The suspension system will then automatically lower the ground clearance once back on the tarmac as well, by up to 50mm.
Thoughts About The New Land Rover Defender
The Land Rover Defender is one of the most capable and iconic off-roaders across the globe. However, the Land Rover Defender doesn't have any direct rivals in India, but the Jeep Wrangler is its closest rival.