- 4 hrs ago HRC Sign Pol Espargaro For 2021: Alex Marquez Moved To LCR Honda With 2-Year Contract Extension
- 6 hrs ago Kia Sonet World Premiere To Be Held In India Next Month: Here Are All The Details
- 7 hrs ago Honda Introduces ‘Unused Vehicle’ Campaign For Unsold BS4 Two Wheelers
- 11 hrs ago Bajaj Announces Second Price Hike For Select Models After BS6 Update: Here Is The New Price List
- News Trump administration rescinds rule on foreign students
- Movies Mammootty's The Priest: The Team Makes A Major Announcement!
- Sports 30 former South Africa cricketers issue statement supporting Black Lives Matter movement
- Technology OnePlus Nord To Feature 105-Degree Wide-Angle Selfie Camera; Company Confirms
- Lifestyle 9 Effective Home Remedies To Whiten Dark Feet
- Finance Walmart Raises Stake In Flipkart
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Rajasthan In July
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
Italian supercar manufacturer Lamborghini's Squadra Corse (the brand's motorsport division) has announced that its track-only hypercar, the Lamborghini SCV12, has finished with its development programme and is ready to hit the track for its world premiere.
The SCV12 comes fitted with Lamborghini's most powerful V12 engine to date. Designed by Lamborghini Centro Stile (the brand's in-house center of design), the engine is capable of crossing the 830hp mark, thanks to aerodynamic supercharging at high speeds.
The SCV12 gains from Lamborghini Squadra Corse's GT motorsport expertise, using its racing and track experience to incorporate increased aerodynamic efficiency and higher downforce levels than a GT3 car.
The Lamborghini SCV12's front bonnet features a double air intake and a central rib that directs airflow to the ram-air intake scoop mounted on the roof.
This allows for dynamic air pressure created by the car's movement to increase static air pressure in the engine's intake manifold, thereby creating a larger airflow through the engine and increasing its power.
The car's track and aerodynamic efficiency is also enhanced by a prominent splitter at the front, lateral flicks, vertical fins on the side sills, and a custom-built carbon fibre rear wing.
Several elements of the Lamborghini SCV12 have been built specifically for the hypercar. The vehicle also features specific racing solutions devised by Squadra Corse engineers.
The SCV12 features a new full carbon fibre chassis that offers better power-to-weight ratio, and allows for the best handling and circuit driving experience.
The hypercar's rear-wheel drive uses a sequential six-speed gearbox as a structural element within the chassis, thereby reducing weight and enhancing weight distribution.
The car's pushrod rear suspension system is installed directly on the gearbox, and power is delivered on track via specially developed Pirelli tyres fitted on 19-inch magnesium rims at the front, and 20-inch ones at the rear.
The SCV12 will be assembled at the Lamborghini Squadra Corse factory in Sant'Agata Bolognese, and will be produced in limited numbers. Owners will become members of an exclusive club, and will participate in advanced driving programmes at some of the world's most prestigious circuits.
Owners will also get technical assistance from Squadra Corse engineers and a special tutoring session with Emanuele Pirro, a five-time winner of the 24 Hours of Le Mans, and the Lamborghini Squadra Corse Special Projects Consultant.
Thoughts About The Lamborghini Squadra Corse SCV12 Being Track Ready
We're sure this Lamborghini is scarry fast! The hypercar looks straight out of a video game, looks insanely aerodynamic, and ready for business. Stay tuned, we'll bring you all the information from its world premier.