- 10 hrs ago Datsun Redi-GO Facelift Arrives At Dealerships Ahead Of Its Launch
- 11 hrs ago 2021 Kawasaki Z650 BS6 Launched In India: Priced At Rs 5.94 Lakh
- 12 hrs ago Mercedes Benz Special Finance Offers Introduced In India: Here Are ‘Wishbox 2.0’ Details
- 14 hrs ago All-New Skoda Karoq SUV Launched In India: Priced At Rs 24.99 Lakh
- Technology Avail Attractive Discounts On Electronic Gadgets On Amazon
- Lifestyle Is It Safe To Drink Urine?
- Movies Pankaj Dheer Aka Karna Takes A Trip Down Memory Lane As Mahabharat Airs On COLORS
- News Hotel quarantine for foreign returnees only for 7 days, can't charge more: Centre to states
- Sports IOA forms panel to name observer for election of its members, also constitutes NE committee
- Finance Jio Platforms Prepares For IPO Outside India
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Kerala In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Hyundai Elantra will be introduced with a BS6 compliant diesel engine. The 1.5-litre diesel engine produces 114bhp, and will be offered with manual and automatic transmission options. We expect the company to launch the BS6 compliant diesel Elantra sometime this year.
According to CarDekho, a leaked government document reveals the premium sedan to feature BS6 complaint diesel powertrain options soon. The document also reveals that the Elantra to be available with both manual and automatic transmissions.
The diesel powertrain in question is expected to be the same one powering the company's Creta SUV. The 1.5-litre four-cylinder diesel engine is initially sourced from Kia. The oil burner produces 114bhp and 250Nm of torque, and comes mated to either a six-speed manual gearbox or a six-speed torque converter automatic transmission.
The document also reveals the diesel Elantra will be offered in three variants: S, SX and SX(O). The S variant will be limited to a manual transmission, and the SX(O) will only be offered with an automatic gearbox. However, the SX variant will be the only one to be offered with the option of a manual and automatic transmission.
The on-sale Hyundai Elantra model is available with a single-engine option. The 2.0-litre petrol engine produces 152bhp and 192Nm of torque. It is mated to a six-speed manual gearbox with the optional six-speed torque-converter automatic transmission.
Apart from the powertrain, we expect the Elantra diesel variants to carry forward all the features from its petrol variants. This includes new LED DRLs, triangular fog lamps, alloy wheels and a host of other features.
On the inside, the Hyundai Elantra features an eight-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, Infinity Sound System, ventilated front seats, tyre-pressure monitoring system, wireless charging, 10-way power-adjustable driver seat, electric sunroof, hands-free tailgate, and cruise control.
The Hyundai Elantra diesel when launched will rival the Honda Civic and the Skoda Octavia in the Indian market. We expect Hyundai to price the Elantra diesel between Rs 16 lakh to Rs 21 lakh.
Thoughts About The Hyundai Elantra BS6 1.5-Litre Diesel Engine In India
Hyundai is rethinking its strategy with the Elantra premium sedan. The company is making use of the 1.5-litre diesel engine's versatility to power their entire line-up of vehicles. Hyundai aims to boost sales of the Elantra by launching a new powertrain option with the premium sedan. Like the Creta SUV, can we expect the 1.4-litre turbo petrol with DCT to make its way to Elantra? Only time will tell.