- 5 hrs ago 2021 Honda Rebel 1100 Globally Unveiled: Will It Come To India?
- 5 hrs ago 2021 Volvo S60 Sedan Unveiled: India Launch Scheduled For March Next Year
- 8 hrs ago 2021 Skoda Octavia India Launch Expected Timeline Revealed: Here Are All Details
- 9 hrs ago Supreme Court’s Final Order On FADA’s Plea For BS4 Vehicle Registration
- Sports FanCode to live stream matches in New Zealand for Indian audience
- Movies Mammootty's Bilal Is Delayed; The Megastar To Join Hands With Amal Neerad For A New Project?
- News Yediyurappa defers decision to add Lingayats in backward caste list
- Technology Samsung Galaxy S21+ Bags BIS Certification; India Launch Imminent
- Finance India's Fiscal Deficit Reaches 120% Of Yearly Target In Apr-Oct
- Lifestyle Quotes, Wishes And Messages To Share On 50th Wedding Anniversary
- Education Indian Air Force Airmen Result 2020 Declared For Group X And Y, Check Phase-II Details
- Travel Romantic Places for Couples To Visit In India This Holiday Season
Honda Cars India Ltd. (HCIL) has commenced the production of the all-new 5th Generation Honda City in India. The car is being manufactured at its production plant in Greater Noida plant, Uttar-Pradesh. HCIL has resumed manufacturing operations following all government regulations for COVID-19 prevention. The all-new Honda City has been scheduled to launch in July this year.
Commenting on the start of production, Rajesh Goel, Sr. Vice President & Director, Honda Cars India Ltd said, "We are delighted to begin the Production of All New 5th Generation Honda City which will be launched next month. The aspirational sedan comes with a rich legacy of over 22 years across four generations and has been synonymous with Honda brand in India. The excitement and anticipation around the 5th Generation City in the pre-launch phase has been extremely encouraging despite the currently prevailing market challenges. The All New City is an engineering marvel on all aspects of design, technology and features and will strongly appeal to our modern age customers."
The new 5th gen Honda City will feature Full-LED headlamps (nine lights placed in series) with integrated LED DRL and L-shaped LED turn signal at the front, Z-shaped wrap-around LED tail-lamps at the rear and 16-inch diamond-cut alloy wheel design with the dual-tone paint scheme.
On the inside, the sedan gets an all-new dashboard with an eight-inch touchscreen infotainment system that supports Android Auto, Apple CarPlay. It also gets the segment-first Alexa Remote voice assistance feature along with the brand's latest connected technology with the Telematics Control Unit (TCU) that offer over 32 connected features.
Other features on the inside are a multi-functional steering wheel, a seven-inch TFT display with analogue dials flanked on either side, paddle shifters, cruise control, a push-button start with keyless entry, an electric sunroof, a revised climate control unit, rear sunshade, and ambient lighting and many more.
Safety features on the Honda City include handling assist, hill start assist, dual front i-SRS airbags, a lane-monitoring camera on the left-wing mirror that will relay feed to the centre screen, vehicle stability assist, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, six airbags, ABS with EBD, etc.
Mechanically, the 2020 Honda City will be offered with 1.5-litre petrol and diesel engine options. The 1.5-litre i-VTEC (DOHC) produces 120bhp of power and 145Nm of peak torque. On the other hand, the 1.5-litre i-DTEC diesel unit churns out 100bhp of power and 200Nm of peak torque. Both the units come mated to a standard six-speed manual gearbox, with an optional seven-speed CVT automatic transmission offered on the petrol variants.
Thoughts About The All-New Honda City
Honda has equipped the fifth-generation City with many best-in-class features and will be available in both petrol and diesel powertrain. Once launched, the Honda City will go up against the likes of the new Hyundai Verna, the Skoda Rapid, the Volkswagen Vento, and the Toyota Yaris in the Indian market.