- 1 hr ago TVS Radeon BS6 Specs Revealed Ahead Of Launch: Features Fuel Injection
- 2 hrs ago Aprilia SXR Scooters India Launch Delayed: Pushed To September Due To COVID-19 Outbreak
- 4 hrs ago Maruti Ertiga Becomes India’s Best-Selling MPV In FY 2019-20: Registers Over 90,000 Units of Sales
- 5 hrs ago Hyundai ‘Click to Buy’ Online Purchasing Service Launched Across India
- Sports Chinese football clubs to cut salaries over coronavirus
- News As COVID-19 interrupts blood donation, govt issues guidelines for safe blood collection
- Technology Vodafone Partners With Google To Help 2G Users Amid Lockdown
- Movies Debutants Aadil Khan And Sadia From Vidhu Vinod Chopra’s Shikara Receive Praises From Rajkummar Rao
- Education Explore CBSE Class 11 Applied Mathematics Subject
- Lifestyle List Of Health Tests Every Woman Should Take
- Finance Mukesh Ambani Richest Indian On Forbes Billionaires List 2020
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Sikkim In April
Datsun is gearing up to introduce an all-new facelift model of their entry-level hatchback, the redi-GO. The upcoming hatchback was spotted testing ahead of its expected launch this year.
The spy images from Autocar India showcase the upcoming redi-GO facelift model completely camouflaged without revealing much changes to the interiors or the exterior of the hatchback. However, we can see that the strong shoulder line on the side of the hatchback seems to be missing which gave the small hatchback an aggressive look.
The facelift model of the redi-GO is expected to feature a host of changes. This includes a new structural design to comply with the crash-test norms which came into effect from October 2019. Also, it would feature an updated version of the 800cc and 1.0-litre engines to comply with the upcoming BS6 emission norms.
The current-model of the redi-GO hatchback currently offers two engine options: an 800cc petrol-engine producing 54bhp and 72Nm of torque, and a 1.0-liter petrol unit churning out 68bhp and 91Nm of torque. Both engines come mated to a five-speed manual transmission as standard with an optional five-speed automatic on the 1.0-liter engine.
We expect the updated engines to produce similar power figures when updated to become BS6 compliant. The two engines are already updated to BS6 and featured on the redi-GO's segment rival the Renault Kwid.
The redi-GO facelift is also expected to undergo a massive overhaul on the inside as well. To start with the upcoming facelift model of the redi-GO is expected to feature a touch-screen infotainment system with support for Android Auto and Apple CarPlay. It would include a revised dashboard design as well. Overall, the interiors of the redi-GO facelift model are expected to offer a safer and pleasant feel to the cabin as compared to the outgoing model.
We had earlier reported that Nissan will discontinue the Datsun brand soon. However, Datsun will still introduce an updated version of their redi-GO hatchback before they pullout from the Indian market. Here is a complete report of Nissan's plan for the Datsun brand.
The redi-GO facelift when launched will rival over the newly launched rivals in the entry-level hatchback segment the Maruti Suzuki S-Presso, Maruti Suzuki Alto and the Renault Kwid. We expect the facelift model of the redi-GO to have a price increase of Rs 10,000 or higher.
Thoughts About The Datsun redi-GO Spy Pics
The redi-GO could be the brand's last attempt before they are discontinued form Nissan. We expect the company to give it their best considering the rivals have taken the game up a notch in terms of design and features. The upcoming tall-riding hatchback has a huge task ahead!