- 22 hrs ago 2021 Mahindra XUV500 SUV Spotted Testing Revealing Few Features: Spy Pics & Details
- 1 day ago Maruti Suzuki Jimny Exclusive Production Hub In India: Here Are All Details
- 1 day ago Bajaj Pulsar NS200 Expected To Receive New Colour Scheme: Teased Ahead Of Launch
- 1 day ago Maruti Suzuki WagonR CNG Production Crosses 3 Lakh Unit Mark: New Milestone Achieved
- Movies Happy Birthday Lata Mangeshkar: 4 Old Hindi Songs By The Nightingale Which Are Spellbinding
- Education Supreme Court Decision On UPSC Civil Services Exam 2020, Check Latest News
- Sports Twitter reacts to Tewatia blitz! Yuvi relieved that Tewatia missed one ball
- News Karnataka bandh today over farm bills; Measures taken to ensure normalcy, says govt
- Technology Week 41, 2020 Launch Roundup: OPPO Reno4 SE, Nokia 3.4, Moto E7 Plus, Vivo V20 SE And More
- Finance Sharekhan Places A "Buy" Call On Tech Mahindra
- Lifestyle Nora Fatehi Transforms Herself Into A Barbie Doll Of 2099 And Creates Buzz With Her All-Purple Look
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In October
Datsun is gearing up to introduce an all-new facelift model of their entry-level hatchback, the redi-GO. The upcoming hatchback was spotted testing ahead of its expected launch this year.
The spy images from Autocar India showcase the upcoming redi-GO facelift model completely camouflaged without revealing much changes to the interiors or the exterior of the hatchback. However, we can see that the strong shoulder line on the side of the hatchback seems to be missing which gave the small hatchback an aggressive look.
The facelift model of the redi-GO is expected to feature a host of changes. This includes a new structural design to comply with the crash-test norms which came into effect from October 2019. Also, it would feature an updated version of the 800cc and 1.0-litre engines to comply with the upcoming BS6 emission norms.
The current-model of the redi-GO hatchback currently offers two engine options: an 800cc petrol-engine producing 54bhp and 72Nm of torque, and a 1.0-liter petrol unit churning out 68bhp and 91Nm of torque. Both engines come mated to a five-speed manual transmission as standard with an optional five-speed automatic on the 1.0-liter engine.
We expect the updated engines to produce similar power figures when updated to become BS6 compliant. The two engines are already updated to BS6 and featured on the redi-GO's segment rival the Renault Kwid.
The redi-GO facelift is also expected to undergo a massive overhaul on the inside as well. To start with the upcoming facelift model of the redi-GO is expected to feature a touch-screen infotainment system with support for Android Auto and Apple CarPlay. It would include a revised dashboard design as well. Overall, the interiors of the redi-GO facelift model are expected to offer a safer and pleasant feel to the cabin as compared to the outgoing model.
We had earlier reported that Nissan will discontinue the Datsun brand soon. However, Datsun will still introduce an updated version of their redi-GO hatchback before they pullout from the Indian market. Here is a complete report of Nissan's plan for the Datsun brand.
The redi-GO facelift when launched will rival over the newly launched rivals in the entry-level hatchback segment the Maruti Suzuki S-Presso, Maruti Suzuki Alto and the Renault Kwid. We expect the facelift model of the redi-GO to have a price increase of Rs 10,000 or higher.
Thoughts About The Datsun redi-GO Spy Pics
The redi-GO could be the brand's last attempt before they are discontinued form Nissan. We expect the company to give it their best considering the rivals have taken the game up a notch in terms of design and features. The upcoming tall-riding hatchback has a huge task ahead!