- 1 day ago EMoS WYLD Electric Cruiser Motorcycle Unveiled: Here Are The Details
- 1 day ago BMW R 18 Cruiser Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 18.90 Lakh
- 1 day ago Delhi Government Working On Setting Up 200 New EV Charging Stations Across The City Soon
- 2 days ago Ducati Scrambler 1100 Teased Ahead Of Launch: Will Arrive In Two Variants
- News Ladakh row: Corps Commander talks on Monday; Army strengthens dominance in over 20 strategic height
- Movies Kamal Haasan 232: Is This The Title Of The Lokesh Kanagaraj Directorial?
- Sports Premier League: Chelsea 0-2 Liverpool: Mane at the double as Kepa makes another howler
- Lifestyle ICW 2020: Amid Pandemic, Rahul Mishra’s Lotus Pond Collection Exudes A Soothing Effect
- Finance Loan Against Mutual Funds: Should You Avail It?
- Technology Logitech MX Master 3 Review: The Only Wireless Mouse Your Will Ever Need
- Education ICSI Quiz Competition 2020 For Online Current Affairs And General Knowledge
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In September
Continental has launched a new range of Generation-6 tyres for passenger vehicles in the Indian market. Called the UltraContact UC6 and ComfortContact CC6 range of tires are made-in-India for the market.
The company has designed the UltraContact UC6 and ComfortContact CC6 after an in-depth understanding of the needs and driving habits of the Indian consumer. Continental claims that the new tyres will offer higher safety, low noise levels, higher mileage, robust sidewalls, improved fuel efficiency, and greater comfort.
Claude d'Gama Rose, Head of Tires Business, Continental India, speaking on the product, said, "Continental has a rich legacy as a premium tire manufacturer. Our flagship range, the UltraContact UC6, and the ComfortContact CC6 are trusted by our customers worldwide for its high performance, safety, better mileage, and comfort features. With the entry of Generation 6 tires in India, our offering in the passenger vehicle segment is well established. It gives our customers the choice to upgrade to the premium product in the market".
The company claims that the UC6 is perfect for consumers looking who want assured quality in every aspect. The tyres will offer good grip in wet road condition with extreme short braking distances.
The UC6 features a chamfered angle that is in the shape of Diamond Edge. This maximizes the contact area of the pattern and will help distribute braking forces more evenly. In wet conditions, the Diamond Edge acts as a wiper that clears the water film away from the tread blocks for short braking distances.
Along with the new chamfered edge, the tyre also features specially developed aqua drainage elements that are positioned to drain water from the tread grooves quickly. The UC6 tires are available for rims diameters ranging from 14 to 17 inches.
The CC6 tyres will cater to buyers looking for durable tyres with low noise levels. According to the company, the CC6 offers higher comfort, and lower rolling resistance which helps in achieving optimal fuel efficiency.
The tire is also resistant to wear with better tread-life due to secure, interlocking molecular connections. As a result, it will feature an improved tyre life as compared to the previous generation of ComfortContact range. The CC6 tires are available for rims with diameters of 13 to 15 inches.
Speaking about the brand's localization strategy, Claude d'Gama Rose further added, "We have a strong focus for localization of our products in India. Our philosophy "in the market, for the market", complements the entire manufacturing value chain, enabling us to bring German technology for the local market". Both tyre models will be produced at the brand's facility in Modipuram, UP.
Thoughts About The Continental Launch Generation 6 Made In India Passenger Vehicle Tyres
The Generation-6 tyres from Continental are expected to cater to both buyers who are looking for maximum performance and maximum mileage in the market. The UC6 and the CC6 are made in India and could be priced very aggressively in the market, offering better value for money as compared to its previous-gen models.