- 29 min ago Royal Enfield Bullet 350 Price Increase Announced Again: Here Is The Complete Price List
- 2 hrs ago MG Hector Production Cross 50,000 Units Mark: Milestone SUV Produced By All-Women Crew
- 4 hrs ago Suzuki Burgman Electric Scooter Spied Testing Ahead Of Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- 5 hrs ago Toyota Urban Cruiser Review (Road Test): Is It Different Or Better Than The Vitara Brezza?
- Lifestyle What To Know About Buruli Ulcer, A Flesh-Eating Disease Spreading In Australia
- News From flashy diamantaire to fugitive: Nirav Modi's long road to extradition in PNB scam
- Sports PM Modi to deliver inaugural address at Khelo India Winter Games opening ceremony
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Himachal Pradesh In March
- Technology Vivo X60 Receives Indonesia Telecom, BIS Certifications; Launch Expected Soon
- Movies Sushmita Sen Confirms Aarya 2, Says ‘Your Wish Is Our Command'
- Finance NIDHI Company: Things to Know Before Investing
- Education Assam Sericulture Admit Card 2021 Released, Download Grade 4 Hall Ticket At sericulture.assam.gov.in
As the Government has eased the nationwide lock down, businesses have started resuming systematically. Ashok Leyland has said that they will be resuming operations at all its plants across the country, after obtaining necessary approvals from the relevant authorities.
Mr Vipin Sondhi, the Managing Director & CEO at Ashok Leyland Limited stated, "With the relaxation of the lock down, we have resumed operations at all our plants across the country, after obtaining necessary approvals from the relevant authorities. In accordance with the stated guidelines as given by the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA), and relevant local authorities, we shall be ensuring all the necessary health and safety protocols at our facilities, for all stakeholders."
"We will gradually ramp up production across facilities after taking into consideration the Work in Progress (WIP) that were on hold at the time of announcement of the lock down, the supply chain readiness after opening, and most importantly the preparedness of the ancillary units to supply us with critical components, for sustained production of vehicles," he further added.
Ashok Leyland earlier released a sales report of zero sales in April due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Commenting on the sales figure Vipin Sondhi stated, "These are truly unprecedented times, and both the Government and the Industry need to work even more closely, across the supply chain to bring the industry back on its feet. The recovery of the auto industry is vital for the revival of the overall economy. For the first time ever in the history of the Automotive Industry in India, we have seen a ‘zero sale' month, in April 2020."
Ashok Leyland had received permission to resume operations at their Alwar, Bhandara and Pantnagar plants. However, the company stated that they will commence production based on market demand.
Commenting on the same, Vipin Sondhi said, "Auto OEM's are dependent on the ancillary sector. A smooth flow of the complete supply-chain is vital for production of vehicles. While the Government has given the auto sector permission to resume operations in a phased manner in certain geographies, with certain norms and conditions, it still remains a challenge for the industry to resume operations."
Thoughts About Ashok Leyland Resuming Operations
The good news is that the Government has given permission to resume business, but keeping the health and safety of the people in mind. Moreover, manufacturers are doing whatever best they can to follow the rules and regulations to conduct business properly.