- 13 min ago TVS Ntorq 125 BS6 Prices Increase Marginally Across All Variants: Here Are The New Prices
- 18 min ago Ashok Leyland Introduces AVTR Modular Truck Platform Along With BS6 Compliant Engines
- 22 min ago Mahindra XUV300 Diesel Mileage Figures Revealed: Compared With Segment Rivals
- 1 hr ago Renault India Offers Discounts & Benefits On Kwid, Triber & Duster Up To Rs 60,000 In June 2020
- Sports Weightlifter Sanjita Chanu to seek compensation from IWF in unsettled dope case
- Lifestyle Sonam Kapoor Ahuja, Pooja Hegde, And Other Divas Give Bridal Goals In Their Beautiful Golden Lehenga
- Movies Aarya Trailer Out Now: Sushmita Sen Returns To Screen As A Fierce Mother
- Technology Reliance Jio To Offer Hotstar+ Disney VIP Subscription For One Year
- News Amidst standoff, China appoints new PLA Army commander for overseeing India border
- Finance Markets End The Day Higher, SBI Surges Post Numbers
- Education Top 10 World Environment Day Quotes For Students
- Travel Scenic Road Trips In The Western Ghats That Every Biker Must Take This Monsoon
The Volkswagen T-Cross achieved a full five stars for Adult Occupant Protection, and five stars for Child Occupant Protection. The crossover is manufactured in Brazil and was recently launched in the Latin-American and Caribbean markets. It comes equipped with 6 airbags, and Electronic Stability Control as a standard. The vehicle showed excellent protection for its occupants in three crash tests performed (front, side, and pole impact). The T-Cross also met the Electronic Stability Control (ESC) test requirements.
For adult Occupant Protection, the T-Cross scored 14.62 out of 16 points for a front offset crash, and 16 out of 16 points for the side crash test. The new VW scored 21.77 out of 24 points for Child Occupant Protection. The Latin NCAP said that body shell of the T-Cross was stable after all crash scenarios, the foot-well area was also rated as stable and showed limited damage. Their report also said that the car offered excellent protection to the driver's and passenger's head, neck, and chest.
Most manufacturers pay heavy attention to child protection. Child Occupant Protection includes I-size approved anchorages which facilitate the installation of Child Restraint Systems (CRS) for older children facing rearwards, passenger airbag disconnection switch and capability to accommodate all tested CRS used in the installation tests. Volkswagen's T-Cross compact SUV for the Latin-American and Caribbean markets achieved five star ratings for adult and child occupant protection, and the Latin NCAP Advanced Award for its Pedestrian Protection and Multi Collision Braking technology.
Alejandro Furas, Secretary General of Latin NCAP (New Car Assessment Programme), said, "Volkswagen T-Cross top result is very encouraging; we call all car manufacturers to aim to five star results and top scores for their entire fleet in Latin NCAP markets It is unacceptable that in 2019 there are still global manufactures that haven't achieved five stars results in Latin NCAP tests. It sets a beacon for other car makers to follow in terms of children's safety".
Ricardo Morales Rubio, Chairman of the Board of Directors, said, "These latest Latin NCAP results show that manufacturers are voluntarily offering models to consumers with safety levels beyond governmental requirements. While some of the manufacturers inform consumers about their performance in the Latin NCAP tests, others continue to offer levels of safety and equipment below those offered in the mature economies markets. Latin-American governments should commit to support Latin NCAP so that consumers can have independent information on the vehicles safety offered in the market, and thus voluntarily speed up the change to safer vehicles and sooner save lives and reduce injuries in Latin America and the Caribbean".
The Volkswagen T-Cross will make it to India during 2020 and will be based on the MQB AO IN platform. The India bound variant will be powered by a 1.5-Litre petrol engine and will draw 130bhp of power. The engine will also feature cylinder deactivation technology which will improve fuel economy. There will be no diesel variant of the T-Cross.
What We Think About The VW T-Cross Getting A Five Star Rating
Kudos to VW for achieving a five star rating. With more safety comes more comfort and peace of mind.