- 20 hrs ago Suzuki Intruder 250 In The Works — Launch Expected During 2020 Auto Expo
- 22 hrs ago MG Hector Bookings Unofficially Begin — To Rival The Tata Harrier
- 23 hrs ago Tata Motors Upgrades Safety Features On The Tiago — Made Of Great, But Safer Now
- 23 hrs ago Renault Launches Arkana Coupe SUV In Russia — Could Be India Bound
- Movies India's Most Wanted SECOND DAY Box Office Collection: Arjun Kapoor's Film Continues To Crawl!
- News Muslim woman names her new-born child, 'Narendra Damodardas Modi'
- Sports Warriors' Iguodala considering retirement
- Lifestyle 5 Papaya Face Masks To Remove Facial Hair
- Technology China Unicom announces world's first Super 5G SIM with 128 GB storage
- Finance Manpasand Beverages MD, CFO Arrested In GST Evasion Fraud
- Education HSC Result 2019 Gujarat: Steps To Check HSC Arts And Commerce Stream Result 2019
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
American electric carmaker Tesla has released a new video teasing its upcoming Roadster. The video on Tesla's Instagram feed, shows the next-gen Roadster giving viewers a taste of its brutal acceleration, with a rather cheeky caption — Zero to sixty faster than you can read this caption.
View this post on Instagram
A post shared by Tesla (@teslamotors) on Apr 19, 2019 at 11:01am PDT
Tesla stunned the world when it unveiled the next-gen roadster in November 2017 at the launch of the company's new electric trucks. The figures that followed, uttered from the mouth of Tesla Boss Elon Musk, were even more unbelievable.
Elon Musk claimed that the new 2020 Tesla Roadster would be the quickest car in the world, with a 0–60mph (0–96.5km/h) acceration time of just 1.9 seconds, 0–100mph (0–160.9km/h) in 4.3 seconds and a quarter mile sprint time of a face reshaping 8.9 seconds. The Tesla CEO also stated that the secon-generation Roadster would hit a top speed in excess of 250mph (402.3km/h) while also delivering a range of 620 miles (998-kilometers).
While the 0–60mph numbers were mind boggling at that time, one car, the Pininfarina Battista has matched the brutal sprint time and another the 1,900hp Rimac Concept Two has claims to be even quicker with a sprint time of just 1.85 seconds.
However, don't give up on the new Tesla Roadster (which claims to produce 10,000Nm of torque) just yet as test driver Emile Bouret in a VinWiki video posted on youtube (see below) claims that the Roadster's figures are actually quite conservative. Considering that Bouret has actually driven the car and has been testing vehicles fr quite a while now, we do believe him.
Prices for the roadster start at $200,000 (Rs 1.39 crores) but those looking for the more exclusive Founder's edition model will have to shell out even more — $250,000 (rs 1.74 crore).