- 4 min ago Tata H2X (Hornbill) Launching Soon — Next SUV After The Tata Buzzard
- 13 min ago Volvo More Than 5 lakh Cars Across The Globe As Risk Of Fire Has Been Detected
- 1 hr ago Hyundai India To Hike Prices Across Its Entire Range — Will Receive New Safety Regulations Update
- 17 hrs ago Kawasaki Ninja 300 Recalled To Replace Faulty Brake Component — Is Your Motorcycle Involved?
- News Steel magnate Lakshmi Mittal's brother held in Bosnia for suspected fraud
- Movies When Shahid Kapoor Felt DISRESPECTED As An Actor!
- Travel Monsoon-Perfect Beaches Other Than Goa
- Finance L&T Shares Dips 2 Per Cent Despite Good Results
- Sports Sourav Ganguly slams India team selection for the tour of West Indies
- Technology Honor 9X And 9X Pro Launched With Pop-Up Camera, Kirin 810, And More
- Lifestyle Malaria Parasites Become Resistant To Anti-malaria Drugs: Result Failure In Treatment
- Education Chandrayaan 2: Free Online Courses In Aerospace Engineering Offered By HRD Ministry's Swayam Portal
American electric carmaker Tesla has released a new video teasing its upcoming Roadster. The video on Tesla's Instagram feed, shows the next-gen Roadster giving viewers a taste of its brutal acceleration, with a rather cheeky caption — Zero to sixty faster than you can read this caption.
View this post on Instagram
A post shared by Tesla (@teslamotors) on
Tesla stunned the world when it unveiled the next-gen roadster in November 2017 at the launch of the company's new electric trucks. The figures that followed, uttered from the mouth of Tesla Boss Elon Musk, were even more unbelievable.
Elon Musk claimed that the new 2020 Tesla Roadster would be the quickest car in the world, with a 0–60mph (0–96.5km/h) acceration time of just 1.9 seconds, 0–100mph (0–160.9km/h) in 4.3 seconds and a quarter mile sprint time of a face reshaping 8.9 seconds. The Tesla CEO also stated that the secon-generation Roadster would hit a top speed in excess of 250mph (402.3km/h) while also delivering a range of 620 miles (998-kilometers).
While the 0–60mph numbers were mind boggling at that time, one car, the Pininfarina Battista has matched the brutal sprint time and another the 1,900hp Rimac Concept Two has claims to be even quicker with a sprint time of just 1.85 seconds.
However, don't give up on the new Tesla Roadster (which claims to produce 10,000Nm of torque) just yet as test driver Emile Bouret in a VinWiki video posted on youtube (see below) claims that the Roadster's figures are actually quite conservative. Considering that Bouret has actually driven the car and has been testing vehicles fr quite a while now, we do believe him.
Prices for the roadster start at $200,000 (Rs 1.39 crores) but those looking for the more exclusive Founder's edition model will have to shell out even more — $250,000 (rs 1.74 crore).