- 5 hrs ago Korean Designer Features Hot Water Bath In Car — Where’s The Rest Of The House?
- 6 hrs ago Skoda India Just Rolled Out Its One Hundred Thousandth Rapid — We’re On A Roll!
- 6 hrs ago Weirdest Things Brought To Car Test Drives Includes Snakes & A Horse — Here’s The List
- 6 hrs ago Kia Motors To Officially Unveil The Seltos Tomorrow — Ready For A Power Surprise?
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: Pant cleared to join India squad at World Cup after Dhawan blow
- News ED arrests two former IL&FS executives in PMLA probe
- Movies DISTURBING! Hrithik Roshan's Sister Sunaina Says, 'My Father SLAPPED Me Because I Love A Muslim Guy'
- Lifestyle International Yoga Day: How To Lose Weight With Yoga
- Technology Xiaomi Teases The Launch Of Its Mi Electric Shaver In India – All You Need To Know
- Finance Bengaluru Enters Top 10 APAC Cities List For Real Estate FDI
- Education SSC CHSL Admit Card 2019 Released For Tier I Examination
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Tata Motors has updated the Tiago and Tigor with ABS, across their variants. Earlier, ABS was limited to just XZ. XZA and XZ+ variants of the Tata Tiago hatchback and Tigor compact-sedan. Both products account for a good portion of the brand's sales figures and having no ABS as standard was one of the very few drawbacks they had on the market.
Team BHP shares that the introduction of ABS as standard could be the main reason why Tata Motors increased the base price of the Tiago and Tigor at the beginning of 2019. The upcoming Bharat New Safety Vehicle Assessment Program (BNSVAP) also mandates some essential safety equipment such as dual airbags, parking sensors, speed alerts, seat belt warning and of course, ABS.
Even though ABS is somewhat of a common feature in cars and motorcycles, many of us do not know its exact purpose and function. To explain in simple terms, ABS (Anti-lock Braking System) prevents the wheels from locking up on a slippery surface, and in turn, helps the car to steer. The safety system has been around in the automotive industry for more than four decades and you should definitely know the interesting history of ABS; the 40-year-old life-saver.
Coming back to the Tata Tiago and Tigor's ABS introduction, higher variants of the cars feature Corner Stability Control as well. The system employs ABS and asymmetrically applies brakes when the car takes sharp turns. Furthermore, ABS in modern cars are assisted by EBD (Electronic Brake-force Distribution).
We have compiled a list of such important safety systems available on the new Tata Harrier, which even gets 'Brake Disc Wiping'. The new Harrier is regarded as the benchmark for all future Tata models - check out the top safety features of the Tata Harrier.
The Tata Tiago and Tigor are available in both petrol and diesel formats. The 1.2-litre petrol unit makes 84bhp and 114Nm of torque. The 1.05-litre diesel, on the other hand, produces 69bhp and 140Nm. Petrol variants are also available in an AMT avatar, in addition to the standard five-speed manual.
Prices for the Tata Tiago starts at Rs 3.39 lakh while it is Rs 5.20 lakh for the Tigor. Both prices are ex-showroom (Delhi).
Thoughts On Tata Tiago And Tigor Getting ABS As Standard
As mentioned before, ABS is an essential safety feature for both four-wheelers and two-wheelers. The government's latest norms to implement such equipment as standard is appreciable and it also helps bury the popular notion that Indian cars are not safe, but cost-cut. What do you think?