- 5 min ago 2020 Kia Seltos Update Launched In India With Host Of New Features: Prices Start At Rs 9.89 Lakh
- 55 min ago BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe Spotted Testing In India Ahead Of Launch: Spy Pics & Other Details
- 1 hr ago Car Sales Report For May 2020: Maruti Suzuki Registers 18,539 Units Of Sales Post Lockdown
- 3 hrs ago MG Gloster To Be Locally Assembled: Expected India Launch During Diwali
- Sports Mahi's long orange hair was a disaster - Sakshi on Dhoni's hairstyle
- News DGCA to airlines: Keep middle seats vacant to extent possible
- Lifestyle Why Dry Shaving Is Bad For Your Skin
- Finance India's Unemployment Rate In May Stays At 23%
- Technology Do Not Install Windows 10, Version 2004 Update On Your PC Or Laptop
- Movies Mahesh Babu's Revelation About Having A Crush On This Actress Will Make You Go ‘Aww’!
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In North India In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Tata Motors has updated the Tiago and Tigor with ABS, across their variants. Earlier, ABS was limited to just XZ. XZA and XZ+ variants of the Tata Tiago hatchback and Tigor compact-sedan. Both products account for a good portion of the brand's sales figures and having no ABS as standard was one of the very few drawbacks they had on the market.
Team BHP shares that the introduction of ABS as standard could be the main reason why Tata Motors increased the base price of the Tiago and Tigor at the beginning of 2019. The upcoming Bharat New Safety Vehicle Assessment Program (BNSVAP) also mandates some essential safety equipment such as dual airbags, parking sensors, speed alerts, seat belt warning and of course, ABS.
Even though ABS is somewhat of a common feature in cars and motorcycles, many of us do not know its exact purpose and function. To explain in simple terms, ABS (Anti-lock Braking System) prevents the wheels from locking up on a slippery surface, and in turn, helps the car to steer. The safety system has been around in the automotive industry for more than four decades and you should definitely know the interesting history of ABS; the 40-year-old life-saver.
Coming back to the Tata Tiago and Tigor's ABS introduction, higher variants of the cars feature Corner Stability Control as well. The system employs ABS and asymmetrically applies brakes when the car takes sharp turns. Furthermore, ABS in modern cars are assisted by EBD (Electronic Brake-force Distribution).
We have compiled a list of such important safety systems available on the new Tata Harrier, which even gets 'Brake Disc Wiping'. The new Harrier is regarded as the benchmark for all future Tata models - check out the top safety features of the Tata Harrier.
The Tata Tiago and Tigor are available in both petrol and diesel formats. The 1.2-litre petrol unit makes 84bhp and 114Nm of torque. The 1.05-litre diesel, on the other hand, produces 69bhp and 140Nm. Petrol variants are also available in an AMT avatar, in addition to the standard five-speed manual.
Prices for the Tata Tiago starts at Rs 3.39 lakh while it is Rs 5.20 lakh for the Tigor. Both prices are ex-showroom (Delhi).
Thoughts On Tata Tiago And Tigor Getting ABS As Standard
As mentioned before, ABS is an essential safety feature for both four-wheelers and two-wheelers. The government's latest norms to implement such equipment as standard is appreciable and it also helps bury the popular notion that Indian cars are not safe, but cost-cut. What do you think?