- 24 min ago Protean Can Help You Pull Off Donuts In The Same Spot: Here’s How
- 11 hrs ago Want Official Accessories For You Renault Duster: Full List And Details
- 17 hrs ago Revolt RV 400 Launch Date Confirmed — India’s First AI-Enabled Electric Motorcycle Is Almost Here!
- 20 hrs ago Jawa 42 Galactic Green Colour Denied Registration: RTO Explains Why
- News Chandrayaan 2 Launch: New Time, Date and where to watch LIVE?
- Sports TNPL 2019: Karaikudi Kaalai vs Trichi Warriors: Preview, where to watch, timing, head to head, probable XI
- Finance Over 2.69 Lakh Farmers Did Not Receive Benefits Of PM-KISAN Scheme
- Movies Arjun Rampal's GF Gabriella Demetriades Shares A Photo Of Him Holding Their Newborn Son In His Arms
- Lifestyle Mahira Khan Makes Us Want To Attend A Wedding Right Now With Her Breathtaking Sari
- Technology Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 Price Slashed By Up To Rs. 1,500
- Travel Magical Destinations To Visit In South India During Monsoon
- Education CBSE Compartment Result 2019: Links To Check Class 12 Board Exam Results
Tata Motors is currently working on updating its best selling Tiago hatchback. The facelifted Tata Tiago was recently spotted by the spy shutterbugs at Carwale as it was put through its paces during some high-speed runs on the Mumbai-Pune Expressway in Maharashtra.
The facelifted Tata Tiago is expected to arrive in India in 2020 and will bring with a revised design in line with the Indian carmaker's Impact Design 2.0 philosophy. The new 2020 Tiago's design is expected to be in line with the Altroz premium hatchback that was revealed at this year's Geneva Motor Show in March. While the spied test vehicle for the facelifted hatchback sports a headlight design similar to the current car, Carwale claims that the new car will sport a sharper front end with a revised front grille and new desing for the front bumper.
The rest of the car is expected to remain unchanged with regards to design, so expect the 2020 Tiago to sport a similar rear end as the current car with similar tail lights and rear bumper. The new car is expected to bring with it new set of paint options for customers to choose from. The insides of the new Tiago hatchback are also expected to be refreshed with more equipment added to the standard kit as part of a revised features list.
However, the biggest changes will come under the bonnet of the Tiago hatchback. The current Tiago from Tata Motors is offered with a 1.2-litre petrol engine that pushes out 84bhp and 114Nm of torque. The diesel engine offered with the current Tiago is a 1.05-litre, turbocharged unit that cranks out 69bhp and 140Nm of torque. Both enegines are paired with a 5-speed manual transmission with the petrol also getting a 5-speed AMT gearbox as an option.
However, recent reports have suggested that Tata Motors is binning the 1.05-litre turbo diesel engine for the facelifted Tiago. With petrol variants making up the majority of Tiago sales and BS-VI emission norms set to raise the price of diesel cars significantly, it would seem Tata Motors has decided to pull the plug on the smallest of its Revotorq diesel engines. The petrol engine, on the other hand, will be updated for BS-VI. Joining the new engine will be a host of safety features, that will ensure the Tiago rmains compliant with stricter upcoming safety norms.