- 1 day ago New Maruti Ignis BS6 Facelift Launched In India At Rs 4.83 Lakh: Prices Hiked By Up To Rs 25,000
- 1 day ago Toyota Vellfire India Launch Date Confirmed: Expected To Rival The Mercedes-Benz V-Class
- 1 day ago Maruti Suzuki WagonR S-CNG BS6 Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 5.25 Lakh
- 2 days ago Bajaj Pulsar 180F And Pulsar 220F BS6 Variant Specifications Revealed
- Sports Premier League: Arsenal 4-0 Newcastle United: Arteta celebrates second league win as Lacazette ends drought
- Movies Ayyappanum Koshiyum: Climax Fight Making Video Goes Viral!
- Lifestyle Lakme Fashion Week Summer Resort 2020: Kareena Kapoor Khan Stuns In A Dramatic Green Gown
- News India rejects scope for third party mediation to resolve Kashmir issue
- Technology How To Delete Camera Roll, Saved Pictures Folders On Windows 10
- Finance Do you have Sufficient Insurance Cover? Use this Guideline to Find Out
- Travel 10 Family Holiday Destinations To Visit In February In India
- Education CBSE Exam Centre Locator App: Why Class 10 & 12 Students Should Download?
Renault India has just launched the new Kwid facelift in the Indian market. The new Renault Kwid is offered with a starting price of Rs 2.83 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
The new Renault Kwid comes with a host of changes over the previous model, this includes updated design, dimension changes and added features among others. However, the new Renault Kwid carries forward the same engine options as on the previous model.
This includes two petrol engine options in the form of an 800cc unit producing 55bhp and 72Nm of torque and a 1.0-litre unit churning out 68bhp and 91Nm of torque.
Both engines come mated to a standard five-speed manual gearbox. The larger 1.0-litre unit also comes with the optional AMT automatic transmission unit as well.
Having said that, here are some of the main differences between the new Renault Kwid and the old Kwid hatchback.
The new Renault Kwid comes with a host of design changes. This includes a completely updated front end, which now comes with dual headlamp units. This includes the sleek LED DRLs at the top, with the main headlamp unit placed lower down on the front bumper.
The grille has also been updated, now featuring three horizontal slats with a thin chrome strip running along the top integrated with the DRLs. The front bumper has also been updated, which now features a larger centrally-placed air intake.
Moving to the side, the new Renault Duster features a similar silhouette compared to the old model. However, the new Kwid does come with black-plastic body-cladding all around, offering a more rugged look and feel.
This includes black-cladding on the wheel arches and the lower part of the doors. The new Renault Kwid also comes with newly designed covers for the steel wheels, which look more sporty than before. The rear profile comes with refreshed C-shaped LED taillights, along with an updated rear bumper with faux scuff plates at the bottom.
Interiors & Features
Moving inside, the new Renault Kwid comes with a completely updated cabin. This includes a blacked-out dashboard, updated central console and piano-black finish trims.
The new Kwid now comes with a much larger 8.0-inch touchscreen infotainment display, replacing the 7.0-inch system on the older model.
The new Renault Kwid also features an updated digital instrument cluster, while also offering a new steering wheel, borrowed from the Triber. The steering wheel comes with mounted controls for the audio as well.
The cabin also comes with premium fabric upholstery, with contrast stitching; adding to upmarket feel inside. There are also a good number of cubby holders all around, along with a new rotary dial for the gearshift on the AMT versions.
The new Renault Kwid is slightly larger than the previous model. The new Kwid facelift comes with increased length and height compared to the pre-facelift model. However, the width and the wheelbase remain unchanged.
Here are the dimensions of the two models for a quick comparison:
|Dimensions||New Renault Kwid ||Old Renault Kwid |
|Ground Clearance (mm)||184||180|
|Boot Space (litres)||279||300|
The prices for the new Renault Kwid has increased by a slight margin. The prices for the Kwid facelift now starts at Rs 2.83 lakh. The older Kwid hatchback had a starting price of Rs 2.76 lakh. Both prices are ex-showroom (Delhi).
Here is the variant-wise price list of both the new and old Renault Kwid:
|Variant||New Renault Kwid ||Old Renault Kwid |
|STD 0.8L||Rs 2.83 Lakh||Rs 2.76 Lakh|
|RXE 0.8L||Rs 3.53 Lakh||Rs 3.31 Lakh|
|RXL 0.8L||Rs 3.83 Lakh||Rs 3.62 Lakh|
|RXT 0.8L||Rs 4.13 Lakh||NA|
|RXT 1.0L||Rs 4.33 Lakh||NA|
|RXT 1.0L EASY-R||Rs 4.63 Lakh||Rs 4.51 Lakh|
|CLIMBER MT||Rs 4.54 Lakh||Rs 4.46 Lakh|
|CLIMBER EASY-R||Rs 4.84 Lakh||Rs 4.76 Lakh|
Thoughts On The New Renault Kwid Vs Old Kwid Hatchback
The new Renault Kwid facelift comes with a number of major updates. This includes a completely fresh design, added features and a host of other equipment. The old Kwid was one of the best selling models from the brand in the Indian market and Renault hopes to continue the success of the hatchback with the facelift model.