- News Indian Railways passengers, cheer! Rani Chennamma Express is all set for a swanky upgrade!
- Sports ICC Cricket World Cup 2019: India Vs Pakistan: Sarfaraz Ahmed ignores Prime Minister Imran Khan's advice
- Technology 10 Best Android Apps For Investment On The Move
- Movies Latest TRP Ratings: The Kapil Sharma Show Witnesses A Jump; Guddan Tumse Na Ho Payega Enters!
- Lifestyle Bronchiectasis: Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis And Treatment
- Finance 90,000 Affordable Homes In Navi Mumbai To Be Made Available Under PMAY
- Education How An Effective Revision Assist You To Fly High In The Competitive Exams
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Formula 3 reigning champion Mick Schumacher clocked the second fastest time at the official Bahrain testing event. Red Bull's Max Verstappen was fastest. The 20-year-old took to the circuit for the first time in a Formula 1 car and said he throughly enjoyed the experience. The Ferrari Development Academy signed the son of racing legend and seven time Formula 1 champion, Michael Schumacher earlier this year. And he appeared comfortable performing in red.
"I really enjoyed today." he told Ferrari's official website. "It felt like home in the garage from the very first moment with a lot of people that know me since I was very young."
Schumacher said he was impressed with the power, smoothness and braking capabilities of Ferrari's SF90 car. "It seemed to me you could brake later and later and the car would have made the turn anyway."
Schumacher was aiming to set the fastest time on Tuesday until Verstappen happened. The Dutchman was 0.6 seconds faster that Mick and clocked 01 minute and 29.379 seconds.
Although Mick Schumacher was happy with his first drive during the test event, his best lap was still over two seconds slower than Charles Leclerc's. Charles won pole position in the Bahrain GP over the weekend.
Mick Shumacher's manager Todt said that whilst Shumacher wanted to drive in Formula 1, he was in no hurry. "There is no need to be in a hurry," he told Sky Sports. "What is important is for Mick to hopefully one day, hopefully not too late, to reach Formula One and to be there for many years. His goal is not to be as soon as possible in Formula One but about reaching Formula One as a very prepared man, like Charles Leclerc has done. The first time for him to be in a Formula 1 car, in a red car, Ferrari, it means a lot to the family and many fans to see the Schumacher name in a red car. Like Charles, he's entering the Ferrari Academy, which is a great thing for Mick to be part of the Ferrari family. He's already in Formula 2 and has got great support."
Meanwhile Schumacher told reporters that Ferrari felt like being "at home".
What we Think About Mick Shumacher Driving Along With Charles Leclerc
Well Shumacher is his father's son. He may have the second place on the grid but that won't stop him from winning. He maybe the "Future Seven Time Formula 1 Champion" and what's more is he racing in red.
The German is the current Formula 3 champion and made his Formula 2 debut last weekend. He will test the Alfa Romeo F1 car-who Ferrari have a partnership with on Wednesday.