- 3 min ago Toyota Vellfire Premium MPV Unveiled In India — Opulence & Luxury For The Entire Family
- 2 hrs ago UK To Mandate Installation Of EV charging Points In All New Houses — Wise Move Indeed
- 4 hrs ago Ford India, Mahindra To Oversee International Markets Group — Cater For 100 Emerging Markets
- 4 hrs ago Hyundai Working On A New Electric Car Under Rs 10 Lakh — An Electric Vehicle For The Masses
- Movies Rashmika Mandanna Is Not Worried About Rumours Regarding Her Personal Life And Here's Why
- News Veteran Bengali actor Swarup Dutta passes away
- Sports My target is to qualify for World Championships and then Tokyo Olympics: Dutee Chand
- Finance CBDT Clarifies On Changes In ITR Forms Says Only Utility Updated
- Lifestyle Malaika Arora's Colourful Dress Is What You Need On A Dull Rainy Day
- Technology Exclusive: Baseus Plans to Manufacture Products In India By 2020
- Travel Chandrashila trek: Lose yourself, be awestruck.. such is the majestic view from summit
- Education #SelfiewithGuru: A Campaign To Mark The Occasion Of Guru Purnima 2019
German luxury carmaker Mercedes-Benz has revealed a teaser image of its upcoming GLB compact SUV which will debut at the Shanghai Motor Show. Now, a report by Autocar India is also claiming that the GLB will enter India offering a more upright SUV option for customers compared to the more coupe-ish GLA.
The teaser image from Mercedes-Benz shows us what the cockpit of the GLB will look like when it its revealed at the Shanghai Motor Show latr this month. The sketched image shows us the large twin display setup that has become the norm in recent times for Mercedes cars and SUVs. Whther it will be the twin 10.2-inch display setup or a smaller unit will be seen in China but these displays will be able to be controlled using touchpads on the steering wheel, something that was first seen on the S-Class limousine a few years back.
The image also shows the triple aircraft rotor-like vents for the climate control system, another feature that has become a staple in the new age interiors found on the current crop of cars and SUVs from Mercedes-Benz. Another thing seen in the sktch is what appears to be a gear shifter behind the mouse-like controller for the infotainment displays on the central tunnel. This suggests that Mercedes could drop the steering column mounted gear selector stalk seen on the GLA SUV and A-Class hatchback.
The new GLB SUV, which is based on the B-Class from Mercedes-Benz, will be coming to India for sure, according to Autocar India. The publication claims that the new Mercedes GLB will be the largest car that the German luxury carmaker has built on the MFA2 platform. The publication claims that the new Mercedes GLB could be as long as 4.6-metres when it finally arrives on Indian shores.
The report states that the Mercedes could use the entra space provided on the GLB to add a third row of seats increasing the seating capacity of the SUV to 7 compared to the GLA which can only carry a maximum of 7 individuals. Autocar India claims that the new Mercedes GLB could draw power from the carakers OM654 2.0-litre turbo-diesel engine and could be priced around the Rs 40 lakh mark.