TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Minimum Income Guarantee Will Increase Congress Tally, Say People
- IPL 2019: RR vs KXIP — Highlights
- Ford Cars To Feature Amazon Alexa — Best Voice-Command System Ever?
- Shabana Azmi Reacts To PM Modi Biopic Credit Row
- Value Stocks To Buy Under Rs 50
- Airtel Online Store: Get Samsung Galaxy S10, iPhone XR, Google Pixel 3
- She Injected Fruit Juice Into Blood!
- Top 5 Affordable Cities In India To Live In 2019
Toyota Kirloskar India has lent its support to the cars affected by the fire accident that happened during an air show in Bangalore. The massive fire occurred on February 23, 2019 at a designated parking space of Aero India 2019. Close to 300 cars were burnt into ashes in what is assumed to be a human mishap — read the full story here.
Toyota customers who were impacted in the Bangalore air show fire accident can call the brand's Customer Assistance Centre at 1800 4250 0001 or 80662 93001.
Customers can avail two services:
- On-site assistance by Toyota's insurance team from 8:30am at the site of the incident
- Conference call with Toyota Bangalore Customer Relations for support such as insurance inspection, towing, etc.
As per reports, the shocking incident was caused by careless disposal of a finished cigarette on dry grass. The fire grew uncontrollably and spread to almost 300 vehicles (out of the many more parked at the location). The thick cloud was initially thought to be the result of a plane crash.
Luckily, there were no casualties. However, at least 15 drivers were asleep inside some of the affected cars till a few minutes before the fire started spreading rapidly. Even though the air show was temporarily suspended, the five-day event which started on February 20 was resumed later in the afternoon.
A parking lot in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, also witnessed a similar incident on 24 February 2019. The fire engulfed at least 170 cars.
In both cases, we hope that more brands will step forward to lend support to the affected customers.