- 13 hrs ago Mahindra Mojo 300 ABS Specifications Leaked
- 13 hrs ago New Skoda Rapid Rider Launched In India — Priced At Rs 6.99 Lakh
- 14 hrs ago Tata Harrier Painted Range Rover Red By Kitup Automotive — Chic And Up-Market!
- 15 hrs ago 30 Percent Of Motorists In India Use Fake Driving Licenses — New MV Act To Counter It
- News Direct link and steps to download IBPS RRB pre-exam training admit card
- Technology Xiaomi's Most Expensive Smartphone Teased: Will Cost Rs. 4,80,000
- Finance Caution: New Fraud Via UPI On The Rise
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: Spinners failed to impress
- Movies Nayanthara’s Marriage Prediction Goes Viral; Will It Turn Out To Be True?
- Lifestyle Deepika Padukone's Latest Airport Look Is All Things Cool And Comfy
- Travel Best Places to Visit in Rajasthan During Monsoon Season
- Education #SelfiewithGuru: A Campaign To Mark The Occasion Of Guru Purnima 2019
Ford has put a lot rumors to rest by officially confirming power and torque figures for the soon to be launched 2020 Shelby Mustang GT500. There were speculations that the car would produce over 700bhp of power.
According to The Financial Express, in a statement released over the Ford website, the company has said that the 5.2-litre GT500 supercharged V8 will produce 760bhp of power and 847Nm of torque making it the most powerful street-legal Ford ever, also making it the most powerful supercharged production V8 engine in the world.
Ford is still cautious about revealing any more details about the new Shelby GT500. However, the company has said that the car will be able to do 0-100kmph in under 3 seconds, and a quarter mile under 11.
The engine will come mated to a 7-speed twin-clutch automatic only from Tremec which is claimed to shift gears in less than 100ms, and can change characteristics by changing driving modes. It will get a drag mode with rpm selectable launch control. Ford says they will also equip the GT500 with the line-lock system from the standard Mustang GT, that can allow the driver to do burnouts in order to heat up the tyres before a drag race.
The engine is said to be a hand built, all aluminium alloy block, and will feature a 2.65-litre roots-type supercharger with an inter-cooler placed within the V of the engine. The suspension will be custom built for the Shelby GT500 with active dampers with lightweight coil-springs in order to deal with the massive amount of power and torque being sent to the rear wheels.
Brembo will supply the 6-piston calipers on the 420mm tow piece disc rotors that are much needed for braking. As standard, the Shelby Mustang GT500 will come with Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tyres.
Ford says that two handling packages will also be on offer, and they will allow for adjustable struts and a spoiler. Additionally, a Carbon Fiber Track Package will also be available with 20-inch carbon-fibre wheels that are 0.5 inches wider at the rear.
These wheels will sport stickier Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 tyres. The 2020 Shelby Mustang GT500 is scheduled to go on sale later this year in international markets, although it's unlikely that it will ever make it to India.
Thoughts About The Performance Figures Of The 2020 Shelby Mustang GT500
We think Hollywood can remake a film and call it 'Gone In 30 Seconds' this time around. Those performance numbers are huge and we're sure peeps who buy this car will really enjoy it. We're also thrilled that this car will not make it to India. There is no place on can truly enjoy this car to it's full potential, as is with all performance cars in the country.